British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Silver Bee

Coventry Vs Buxton/rye

Neil.

1) There is no notice outside the turnstiles before you go in.

2) The turnstile staff, when asked what the re-admission details for a double header were did not know.

I see from your reply that you consider that 10 heats from 30 constitutes you having fulfilled your side of a contract.

Fair enough but I and many others will never attend another double header meeting at Coventry.

I'm confused. 23 heats were raced last night so where is the 10 coming from?

Ilkl never go to Coventry again after the shambles a couple of weeks ago.

Last night was unfortunate that the rain came when it did. However Rye House knew what they were doing

Edited by mdmc82

Can't see why there isn't a rule where like last night even if rye house got 2 5 -0 in heats 9 10 storm would still have won so award point accordingly

• Like 1

Can't see why there isn't a rule where like last night even if rye house got 2 5 -0 in heats 9 10 storm would still have won so award point accordingly

So on that basis had the meeting gone to 15 heats Rye may have won.

Junior

Edited by junior fan

Ilkl never go to Coventry again after the shambles a couple of weeks ago.

You mean when the referee approved a delay to the start time, then the referee postponed the meeting prior to the new start time? Hardly the Coventry promotion's fault, was it.

• Like 1

So on that basis had the meeting gone to 15 heats Rye may have won.

Junior

No dry house didn't want to ride so would never have got to heat 15

They didn't want to ride and it didn't get to heat 10 so what's your point?

Why is it bad sportsmanship to not want to ride in potentially dangerous conditions?

• Like 1

No the conditions wouldn't have allowed it to go to heat 15 so why would they wish to continue.

Junior

You mean when the referee approved a delay to the start time, then the referee postponed the meeting prior to the new start time? Hardly the Coventry promotion's fault, was it.

I see that the Coventry promotion's terrible PR reputation is still thriving .

• Like 1

You're lucky to get a response whether you like the comments or not as I don't know of any other promotion that bothers to correspond with the fans. It's clear to see by the attendances that The Storm's days are sadly numbered and it's a shame because there has been some good racing and it's nice to see the lads improvement, especially Martin Knuckey. Rain putting a stop to things is unfortunate but can't really be helped if the losing team decides they're not going to ride.

We pay £15 for two matches (normally £10 each) but have recently twice only seen one and a bit, but both times I can't see how Coventry can be blamed and it's a bit paltry trying to get back what would only amount to a few pounds when things are hard enough as it is.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

You're lucky to get a response whether you like the comments or not as I don't know of any other promotion that bothers to correspond with the fans. It's clear to see by the attendances that The Storm's days are sadly numbered and it's a shame because there has been some good racing and it's nice to see the lads improvement, especially Martin Knuckey. Rain putting a stop to things is unfortunate but can't really be helped if the losing team decides they're not going to ride.

We pay £15 for two matches (normally £10 each) but have recently twice only seen one and a bit, but both times I can't see how Coventry can be blamed and it's a bit paltry trying to get back what would only amount to a few pounds when things are hard enough as it is.

Whether or not other promoters respond to their fans it's unacceptable to reply to comments in the way that Neil Watson has .Just the other day he was stating his disappointment because someone addressed him by his surname only, and asked why others didn't show some respect.Well ,perhaps he should do the same.

If he is too busy to deal with a paying customers concerns ( as stated earlier on this topic) he would do well to remember if that attitude continues he won't be busy for too long .

One of the main problems with speedway in this country is summed up very aptly by our promoters attitude to his customers. IMO.

• Like 1

Can't see anything wrong with that reply to someone saying they'd never go to Coventry again. I'd be a bit tetchy too (if that's what you think it is) if I knew I wasn't at fault but being blamed.

• Like 1

Can't see anything wrong with that reply to someone saying they'd never go to Coventry again. I'd be a bit tetchy too (if that's what you think it is) if I knew I wasn't at fault but being blamed.

There is a famous old saying...........The customer is always right. even when he is wrong.

Given the perilous financial state of british speedway in general I wouldn't imagine they can afford to lose too many more customers. A little bit of tact could go a long way.

• Like 1