British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

Swindon End Of Era Meeting.

Perhaps they could transfer the grass-banks bars and bogs of the Abbey to the new site 50 yards away..don't bother with the snack bars and kiosks they're crap. Temporary seating could be installed if needed. The retractable roof can come later.

Seems fine to start with as they will not build a Torun size stadium in 4, 5 or 6 months :party:

I wonder if Sidney is still on guard duty in those back-straight bogs up at The Abbey..about time someone else took over his watch..he's been there for ages!

Perhaps they could transfer the grass-banks bars and bogs of the Abbey to the new site 50 yards away..don't bother with the snack bars and kiosks they're crap. Temporary seating could be installed if needed. The retractable roof can come later.

I understand that the back street bogs are listed and will remain in situ, thus providing the new residents with a most useful and historically important facility..

Good news I say.. :t:

• Like 3

I understand that the back street bogs are listed and will remain in situ, thus providing the new residents with a most useful and historically important facility..

Good news I say.. :t:

Now watching the Arsenal-Bayern Munich game, hope its a London win double, with the Blues winning.

Now watching the Arsenal-Bayern Munich game, hope its a London win double, with the Blues winning.

I'm watching Kiev Vs Chelsea and believe it or not Chelsea should be ahead (but obviously aren't)..

As you know I have a soft spot for the Arse and no doubt you are watching the better match

We need both teams to win to hopefully maintain the top 4 qualifiers from the Premier League :t:

I'm watching Kiev Vs Chelsea and believe it or not Chelsea should be ahead (but obviously aren't)..

As you know I have a soft spot for the Arse and no doubt you are watching the better match

We need both teams to win to hopefully maintain the top 4 qualifiers from the Premier League :t:

Should you be mentioning this sort of thing on a speedway forum... :shock::P

• Like 2

Temporary seating and retractable roof on the bogs? My, it does sound like state of the art stuff! ;)

• Like 1

I wonder if Sidney is still on guard duty in those back-straight bogs up at The Abbey..about time someone else took over his watch..he's been there for ages!

The pay isn't to be sniffed at Haydon. Sid was specifically chosen for the role and won't give it up easily.

• Like 1

Its totally voluntary... he's been up there 24/7 for well over a week, dedication to duty that.He thought he was being relieved after 8 hours! I believe you are next on duty?

Edited by haydon hat

Sadly yes, but I'm a bit uncomfortable about doing it voluntary, especially with the storms coming!

Great news!! Sidney is back on line! Ban served!

• Like 1

Great news!! Sidney is back on line! Ban served!

Been parked out in those cheap side bogs!! cant Hayden take over ? not to worry anyway enjoyed the farewell meeting Briggs at the age of 80 god how fit is that bloke?.Just hope things work out i have heard loads of things about the new stadium we shall see i won't comment as long as i see speedway at the abbey again soon ??? i will be happy.
  • Like 2

Welcome back.....the Steve Shovlar of Swindon :)