British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

I was being a bit tongue in cheek, but ipswich are prone to hang on to under performing riders way to long.

Maybe have a match race between a few of the flops over the years to see who really is the worst.

Anyway looking forward to a meaningless meeting on Saturday with a great race track and great fan interaction.

Yeah, thought you were. With CL's comments in the paper, it looks as if (any hopes for) changes are unlkely. CL is probably being provided with a season's worth of Italian food, straight from the Castagna Trattoria.

Like the idea of the flop meeting, and if one of them was to flip his bike at the gate - he could get nominated for Flip Flop of the Night. You've got me thinking now on names for the meeting and see that icicle has remembered one already - though there were extenuating circumstances of course. He's a great lad, and has obtained a reasonable average, but could you include Morten in the line-up? Maybe not a 16 Lapper either, as no one would finish.

Chin up (or in my case, chins). Weather should be OK for an evening speedway meeting, Bob may have scuttled off after his post on here after taking your words to heart and will prepare a belter and CL's IFFF (Interactive Fun For Fans) will kick off with something Fantastmagorical - that's a big IFFF of course. Plus, as SCB has reminded us on tonight's meeting thread, Sarj and Greaves may provide some on, or off, track entertainment of their own.

Can't remember the Finnish Flop of a few years ago (He did go quickly!)

I've forgotten his name, icicle. 'Go quickly', as in left the club, not that he could go quickly on track :lol: .

EDIT: Just had a re-think and, Morten is nowhere near a 'flop', sorry Morten. Failed to reach his potential maybe, but not a flop - scrub that comment. And, remember Baldyman, at least its not football, eh?

Edited by macca56

Franz Leitner

Jurgen Hultgren

Jamie Luckhurst

I remember drawing a snail poster (i was still a kid then!) to wave at Kai Niemi after his first few meetings.

Turned it round into a solid signing in the end though.

Could add Steve Widt and Craig Hyde to the list. Depends how harsh you want to take it.

• Like 1

What was Harsh's first name, Baldyman? Don't remember him. So, if Harsh was good, he wasn't a flop then?

Was trying to think of Juniors back in the days of Lawrie Bloomfield and Alan Farmer, but they were all pretty decent and not flops. (What has happened to the assembly line of local talent that the Witches once had?)

If there was a bloke who wasn't very good who had an accident and then hurt a bone at the top of his leg and had to be taken to hospital. Would he be a "hip op flop"... (sorry).

Fuel Taps has mentioned a couple of Aussies, but my old memory suggests there was another young boxing kangaroo, whose name was Billy something (not the Rooty Hill Rocket of course), or was it that one of the aforementioned Hyde or Widt were from Sydney and got compared to Billy the Kid, at an early age?

By the way, and not on thread, I bought JL's book a couple of days ago and skimmed through it. Has anyone else read it and, if so what did they think of it, thanks.

PS, thanks for the name Jari Makinen, Baldy.

Edited by macca56

Are you thinking of Brett Woodifield?

Thanks, but no, not him - and forgotten about Woodfield too. Was he considered a 'flop'? I seem to remember a write up in the programme or the Speedway Star, making the comparison. It probably was one of Widt or Hyde and he wasn't called Billy at all, just the comparison was with the Kid. Memory is so poor these days, especially for names, then I am in one my big years ending with a zero I guess.

Looking at his record, it must have been Steve Widt, though I see he was from Mount Isa and not near Sydney at all. Three meetings, eight rides, five points plus a bonus - there's Paco's replacement for you, right there. Was he the Aussie who CL tweeted a picture of just before Christmas?

Ouch! I see Craig Hyde's record was worse than Widt's, but spread over two seasons. He was the 1989/90 Paco. Thanks again.

Macca are you thinking of Billy Lelhman (not sure of spelling)?

• Like 1

What was Harsh's first name, Baldyman? Don't remember him. So, if Harsh was good, he wasn't a flop then?

Was trying to think of Juniors back in the days of Lawrie Bloomfield and Alan Farmer, but they were all pretty decent and not flops. (What has happened to the assembly line of local talent that the Witches once had?)

If there was a bloke who wasn't very good who had an accident and then hurt a bone at the top of his leg and had to be taken to hospital. Would he be a "hip op flop"... (sorry).

Fuel Taps has mentioned a couple of Aussies, but my old memory suggests there was another young boxing kangaroo, whose name was Billy something (not the Rooty Hill Rocket of course), or was it that one of the aforementioned Hyde or Widt were from Sydney and got compared to Billy the Kid, at an early age?

By the way, and not on thread, I bought JL's book a couple of days ago and skimmed through it. Has anyone else read it and, if so what did they think of it, thanks.

PS, thanks for the name Jari Makinen, Baldy.

Go the book at Christmas thought it was a very good read loved it .

JLs book is a decent read Macca.

Some very well written tributes at the back too! wink

What about Vladimir Kalina....

Karol Baran

Jacek and Marcin Rempala

Miroslaw Kowalik was at last chance and didn't he win us the meeting at Kings Lynn?

Could Miskowiak be deemed a flop too..?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut