British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

I like to sit in a dark room sticking pins in a doll after most matches. But I shall still be putting myself through more punishment at Rye house. Maybe I should take the voodoo doll with me.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Looking at Eddie Kennetts score at the British semi was it his doll you used last night?? (I know that sounds wrong!)

I think you and your doll may be our only hope...... lol

• Like 1

My glove box in the car is empty save for a scrunched up small shopping bag. Weird but true, massive car, tiny glovebox that you can't even fit a blooming CD in!

My post meeting regime is generally looking at the Updates to try and find a team who did worse than us in a bid to make me feel happier, been a bit unlucky just recently in that quest.

• Like 1

You need to change your username sue. I was expecting something far more crazy. It's all about the size with you women😉

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Yeah, I have become the boring one just recently. Not sure BoringSue has the same ring to it though....

• Like 1

Nope, a Peugeot 5008. My old Peugeot had a brilliant sized glovebox, mine used to contain the entire service history which bearing in mind it was 18 years old when I sold it onto my brother, that was a fair few bits of paper and oodles of Cds.

I thought obi wan kanobi was the only hope?

use the force then Baldy.

Sue's description of the relative size between her car and its (glove) box, reminded me of this girl I once knew.

Why is it called a glove box anyway? Was it specifically designed for driving gloves, or was the first one built for Mr Lonsdale or the Marquess of Queensberry?

So, now that the Witches have been dumped out of both the League and KO Cups, and will struggle to get into the PO's, it is just the Pairs and Fours to go for. so to save money, will CL track just four riders from now on in league matches, to give them an opportunity to not be the first team knocked out of the Pairs and Fours?

I'm guessing that Hume was used as a replacement for Ritchings yesterday, due to his Rye Mouse experience and it will be a one off appearance? I know I go on about him, but please Mr Louis, at least let me know that you have looked at James Shanes, but could not sign him as the Witches No. 7 this season.

I was bored rigid with the 'racing' on Thursday and came away appreciating the efforts of all of the Rickets riders, apart from Karger who just made me laugh, but only Sarjeant and to a lesser extent Kerr from the home septet. Not really something that is going to encourage me to return - though I will, as I would like to spend a meeting chatting with the crazy, now boring, lady about the size of her (glove) box and the wobbly bits and also to spend a full meeting with the BSF gang, especially as the gallows humour has well and truly kicked in now.

So, to try Ed Sheeran again, or to at least find somebody who will liven up proceedings. Surely after their KOC exit, crowds can only go in One Direction - no, I refuse to contact them about attending a meeting at Foxhall - they are just not my (Harry) Styles...

• Like 1

Your big chance this coming Thursday Macca.

Our young side will be hoving into view and this will be Ippo's best opportunity to hump the champs before we really get going.

• Like 1

Not if it was like the league meeting at Rye, they turned the track into a one line track and I only can remember Robbo making a pass all night.

You must've missed the Covatti & Karger passes

I don't know what to say, but it's pretty obvious this year is yet another failure to add to the growing list. And unless it changes at the top, I don't see it getting any better.

Connor Mountain 15+1 today for Mildy. Been superb this season and tipped for a bright future.

Ritchings 7+1 and Hume 8+2 in the same meeting.

• Like 2

Taken from updates "Bacon slowed up backstraight, Ritchings failed to see him, and went straight into the back of him and falls. Ritchings going to be looked at by doctors."

Ritchings obviously continued in meeting but wonder if injury will keep him out of Thursday?

No reasons given as to why we now have a home match this week instead of being at Redcar? Maybe CL has a master plan?