British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Wonder how Paco Castagna will get on this year?? i recently watched a DVD from last year he was on and he was dreadful. in fact dreadful is a compliment he was Sh**e

You're like a broken record you've said this before already. Bored with trolling the Peterborough thread so thought you'd come and have another go on here?

Castagna struggled last season no doubting that, but he was brought in mid season and thrown in at the deep end in the main body of the team.

He's now on an average of just over 3 instead of 5, much more attractive and he'll be riding at reserve instead of the main body to boot.

There isn't another 3 pointer in any other line up I'd rather have than Castagna. He'll put a point and a half on minimum IMO and will be pushing a 5 point average which is the name of the game.

Plenty also thought Covatti was shyte when we signed him last year also by the way. Not saying Castagna will reproduce what Covatti did, but let's wait and see what happens.

• Like 2

To be fair Paco from what I witnessed last year was poor and that's being nice. If he gets around foxy I will be very surprised.

Covatti went to Sheffield with a big reputation and turned up with very poor equipment and a mechanic that dumped him in the rubbishe.

Good luck to Paco, nice lad but would be surprised if he gets an average of 4 plus

To be fair Paco from what I witnessed last year was poor and that's being nice. If he gets around foxy I will be very surprised.

Covatti went to Sheffield with a big reputation and turned up with very poor equipment and a mechanic that dumped him in the rubbishe.

Good luck to Paco, nice lad but would be surprised if he gets an average of 4 plus

Even if he doesn't improve, his average will increase just by the fact he's riding at reserve rather than the main body of the team like he did for Sheffield.

People are being a little unfair judging Paco here. He's a young lad who was thrown in at the deep end mid-season in a tough league in the main body of the side with little preparation.

He's now had a full winter to prepare for the season ahead, has now had a taste of what to expect, and will I'm sure be more comfortable with a reserve berth.

Let's be honest being chucked straight in at number 2 with the big hitters is not the ideal introduction to British speedway for a young lad is it?

I still maintain that Castagna is on a bargain average of just over 3, and will be closer to the 5 mark than 4 by the end of the season.

More than happy to be vaulted on that.

I still maintain that Castagna is on a bargain average of just over 3, and will be closer to the 5 mark than 4 by the end of the season.

Well, HKP, I believe that Castagna will have to start the 2017 season on a minimum 5.00 average whether he attains that level or not during 2016 as, if I understand it correctly, all foreign riders, including Europeans, be they new to the PL or not, will be assessed/re-assessed on a minimum 5.00 PL average for the 2017 season.

Well, HKP, I believe that Castagna will have to start the 2017 season on a minimum 5.00 average whether he attains that level or not during 2016 as, if I understand it correctly, all foreign riders, including Europeans, be they new to the PL or not, will be assessed/re-assessed on a minimum 5.00 PL average for the 2017 season.

Yes, that's correct.

Very sorry if this has already been posted on a previous page .

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/index.php/supporters-club/1031

Meet The Riders Wednesday 9th March 7.30pm @ Foxhall Community Centre Tickets £4.00

Above link to Witches homepage with further details of the event and details of how to obtain your tickets

Looking at this clip, from the recent Round 6 of the Argentine international speedway series at Bahia Blanca, you can see why Nico likes to ride out wide in the dirt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfNk0k-EZFg

(Covatti in the green helmet colour, number 3.)

Worth the admission money alone . How many times did we see that last season at foxhall. Plenty more please Nico for the coming season

Worth the admission money alone . How many times did we see that last season at foxhall. Plenty more please Nico for the coming season

Its a shame there's not more like him around these days to be honest. You're right he is worth the admission money alone.

I wouldn't swap him for any other rider in the league and I mean that.

• Like 1