British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Hope Sarj has a luminous set so that we can see how he rolls at the start.

(By "roll" of course I mean the slang use as in "that's just the way he rolls"!!)

Is it really that hard to get matching colours? I get that riders have different manufacturers, but surely a bit of communication can be there so they look remotely similar.

• Like 1

But why? They keep talking about making it more professional, and they can't even get the race suits the same colour. Even my Sunday league team where the same colour shirts and shorts.

Hope Sarj has a luminous set so that we can see how he rolls at the start.

(By "roll" of course I mean the slang use as in "that's just the way he rolls"!!)

Now he is racing for ipswich they won't be rollers just perfect starts😉

Oh and I wonder which yellow is meant to be the right yellow? Anyone know?

Ah so they are sorting the lighting problem at foxhall in making the riders wear Luminous Suits .

I do like them just a shame they weren't all the same colour yellow.

But why? They keep talking about making it more professional, and they can't even get the race suits the same colour. Even my Sunday league team where the same colour shirts and shorts.
Now he is racing for ipswich they won't be rollers just perfect starts
Oh and I wonder which yellow is meant to be the right yellow? Anyone know?

Well all the English boys are in the luminous ones and the rest of the team from abroad are in the yellow , Someone got the wrong colour or is that a statement by the club ?

You would think the Kevlar manufacturers would be able to match a colour. Prefer the luminous to the other yellow ones. Team race suits would look better if they all match.

Don't see the reason with changing the logo, the old one looked more modern.

• Like 1

So what's the difference between new and old witch? Looks pretty much the same to me. I do like the luminous yellow and paco's looks okay to, although Danny's is far more eye catching
So there are 5 luminous and 3 normal yellow. Only in speedway:-S

Well, I think the new logo makes the Witch look as if it is preparing for a pole vault run-up rather than riding the broomstick as in previous logos.
Apparently, one of the colour schemes was based on a Suzuki motorbike livery that a certain supporter had been seen riding.
(Not sure if CL is 100% correct in saying that yellow has always been part of the Club's colours as, from memory, it was always very Ipswich blue, black and white, with yellow only appearing occasionally from the late 70's.)

My old suzuki was a lovely yellow😉. My new one though is black and carbon. Hope they don't copy that. And where have you been looking to see that bike? Twitter?

Ha ha didn't even notice that

It's the new game to keep us entertained during the meeting, it's called 'guess who"

Edited by baldyman

Going by tru7 logo, I would say the mustard yellow ones are right and the luminous yellowy green ones wrong.

Wow, they look horrible. Feel slightly less concerned about Rye changing colours now.

• Like 1

My old suzuki was a lovely yellow. My new one though is black and carbon. Hope they don't copy that. And where have you been looking to see that bike? Twitter?

It's the new game to keep us entertained during the meeting, it's called 'guess who"

Think Rye House have copied the black and carbon livery for their updated logos. Yes, Twitter. The links you get through Social Media from stumbling over images of Upright Speedway bikes, tweets from Derwent Park and usernames... Thought it must be you. Both bikes look superb by the way.

• Like 1

Not impressed with that effort at all.. :o

• Like 1

Thank you very much. I think I'm quite rare, a speedway fan that actually rides motorbikes.

Yes, it surprised me when I first started going to speedway how few people seemed to turn up on bikes, which was highlighted when you went to somewhere like Foxhall in the 70's and '80's with cars far outnumbering bikes on the heath.

When I was involved in campaigning to bring speedway back to Essex on the closure of Romford and Rayleigh, so many anti-speedway people used to use the frightening image of 'those biker boys' as weight to their argument (something I see has been used by some of the people against the extension to Kent's curfew), showing how little they know of the demographic of speedway supporters.

Other forms of motor-cycle sport seems to attract a far higher ratio of a bike riding audience.