British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Rye House have always raced on BH Mondays, back before the Rockets & Panthers existed. Rye have to accommodate two sides. Sunday's are mainly for Raiders meetings. Only one Sunday Rockets meetings as far as I can see, I've no idea why.

I've not seen one post on any Rye thread from a Rye fan complaining about race nights. Go through the Peterborough thread a few months ago and that was practically all that was being talked about.

yes, we've always banged on about having a regular race night - but we've also understood the logistical problems the club faces with the Showground.

Your analogy is flawed; the situation at Rye House is totally different. And irrelevant.

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

Clash / clashes.

I said "fixtures" - that was plural when I went to school - KHH may get a call for one of those was what I meant - maybe more but other riders may also be considered. Is that better? 😉

Edited by maneacat
  • Like 1

Might even tempt me over to the gypsy site on a couple of occasions to shout for the opposition :lol::t:

"gypsy site" ?

....... no reason to have a designated race day now is there ? its all chop and change as you like .

It's always been a pointless exercise as far as Panthers are concerned.

(well, it has been ever since the new regime took over at the Showground)

"gypsy site" ?

Think he was referring to the fact the Showground lets out pitches to people wishing to camp overnight at some of its events. Funny really seeing as Kings Lynn is a well known "pikey" town.

• Like 2

I thought panthers were solitary animals. This lot hunt in packs

That's evolution for you :wink:

• Like 1

Perhaps that's exactly what the attendances so far this season have shown the promotion. I don't know by the way but what I have noticed is the amount of fans that, when discussing it, frequently state a preference for "the old days" and regular Friday night racing.

in an ideal world, yes.

These days the situation Panthers are faced with is akin to doing a jigsaw puzzle where the pieces just never fit no matter how they twist and turn them around.

By the way, the crowd last Sunday seemed pretty decent; way over 1000 for sure.

Stokes is on a 4 meeting deal. He appears very keen to impress, good luck to the lad. He simply needs to score his average.

He looked impressive during those post-meeting laps on Sunday.

No and what a ridiculous comment but then you are fishing.

Perry has been rider of the season and can't be replaced anyway.

Let's support our 7 riders, I have a feeling Stokes will surprise a few.

me too.

• Like 1

I said "fixtures" - that was plural when I went to school - KHH may get a call for one of those was what I meant - maybe more but other riders may also be considered. Is that better?

But you said "the clash".

Do you have a clash with fixtures, or clashes with fixtures?

My education taught me there would be multiple clashes.

But pedantry rules ok.

But pedantry rules ok.

Read it how you like - I have explained myself despite you being the only one on here to misunderstand - it's not that important to me but you carry on if it makes you happy!

• Like 1

sev|eral.

DETERMINER

1.more than two but not many:

ok, ok..... :P but let's have it right. Ged, and Cookie himself, always said it's just THREE Friday home meetings he would've had to miss. And despite some people on here trying to make out it's seven (or more) Ged & Cookie were absolutely correct:

Fri 17 June (Panthers v Scun ; BV v Wolves)

Fri 15 July (Panthers v Berwick - BV v Leic)

Fri 2 Sep (Panthers v Worky ; BV v Cov)

According to Ged's latest announcement it's now just one. Presumably two of the above will be, or have been, rearranged.

And hopefully K.Hansen will be available for that home meeting Cook will miss. Problem solved! ;)

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 3

ok, ok..... :P but let's have it right. Ged, and Cookie himself, always said it's just THREE Friday home meetings he would've had to miss. And that's correct:

According to Ged's latest announcement it's just one. Presumably two of the above will be, or have been, rearranged.

And hopefully K.Hansen will be available for that home meeting Cook will miss. Problem solved! ;)

Am sure the 17th June is changed after Godfrey said on the BSPA WEBSITE statement yesterday his club had agreed to a change.

ok, ok..... :P but let's have it right. Ged, and Cookie himself, always said it's just THREE Friday home meetings he would've had to miss. And despite some people on here trying to make out it's seven (or more) Ged & Cookie were absolutely correct:

According to Ged's latest announcement it's now just one. Presumably two of the above will be, or have been, rearranged.

2 meetings away at Somerset to add to that list, one at Edinburgh,one at scunthorpe.

At least we have pretty much free choice of a guest for Cook. I'd imagine King, Kennett, Stead and even Brady Kurtz may want a few meetings

Edited by dazpanther

But pedantry rules ok

Erm... point of order!

Maneacat was quite correct when she used "clash" (singular) because, according to Ged's latest announcement, there will now be only ONE Friday home meeting where there will be a clash with Belle Views fixtures.

Am sure the 17th June is changed after Godfrey said on the BSPA WEBSITE statement yesterday his club had agreed to a change.

You're probably right. I saw that comment by the Scunthorpe "track-sitter", but it's not showing on Panthers fixture list (yet) :unsure:

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

No Cook at Armadale I assume. Monarchs should be forced to change their race night to accomodate him, not unreasonable.

Erm... point of order!

Maneacat was quite correct when she used "clash" (singular) because, according to Ged's latest announcement, there will now be only ONE Friday home meeting where there will be a clash with Belle Views fixtures.

You're probably right. I saw that comment by the Scunthorpe "track-sitter", but it's not showing on Panthers fixture list (yet) :unsure:

not very nice when you got your man