British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Think the key word to concentrate on in Scotsman's posting is "if" - then you answer you own question! :t:

Indeed.

Easily missed but so important!

Can't believe the whole strategy was based on beating Worky at home.

Surely not?

I said at the time Worky could spring a surprise. They had enough riders with a showground pedigree.

do you honestly think we would have qualified with Grondal, Perry and NBJ?

What I say is that with three riders lkely to score little or nothing it was essential that the remaining four scored well.

• Like 1

What I say is that with three riders lkely to score little or nothing it was essential that the remaining four scored well.

Spot on , what team could guarantee there top 4 to score 40+ home or away , its a tall order for any team . Now I think it's time to go to Edinburgh on the 23rd , put the season to bed , learn from the mistakes made and yes there were mistakes Ged is a human being I accept that, nobody is perfect . Perhaps the problem was trying to force success . I think as a person Ged is a likeable chap , but I think in his eagerness to please fans he's overdone things regarding team changes . 4 team changes toward the business end of the season is a bit dramatic by anyones standards. I hope he can put this behind him as I think his efforts that he's put in deserve the rewards and would love to see him leading Panthers on to better times .

• Like 1

I think it was not all the changes that were made but rather the one that wasnt that ensured it didnt work with the last late reshuffle.

Keeping Ostergaard meant a woefully exposed bottom 3 along with a stuttering at best Mr O.

Keeping NBJ (or finding a n other) and Morris instead and not bringing back Hall wouldve given a much better balance.

• Like 1

I think it was not all the changes that were made but rather the one that wasnt that ensured it didnt work with the last late reshuffle.

Keeping Ostergaard meant a woefully exposed bottom 3 along with a stuttering at best Mr O.

Keeping NBJ (or finding a n other) and Morris instead and not bringing back Hall wouldve given a much better balance.

My understanding is that Rathbone and Ostergaard come as a package!!

My understanding is that Rathbone and Ostergaard come as a package!!

no doubt - hence my labelling 'The Teflon Kid' on another thread.

Still stands that ultimately that loyalty is possibly what cost qualification.

Believe me N.B.J was not worth keeping, regularly getting beaten by second strings and reserves , he might have looked good at Ippo but he was woeful around the showground, Panthers should have got rid of him ages before

Strange one NBJ as most of the Rockets fans on here were genuinely disappointed he was let go last winter.

Been a real flop it has to be said and I'd be surprised if there's too many takers this winter.

Sad reading in this weeks Speedway Star about Ged Rathbone's thoughts and emotional turmoil. Promoters do their best but can't always get it right and will always be in the firing line for flack from all those who "know best"

Stay positive and don't let the bullies get to you..... You signed Cookie so you must have what it takes!!!

• Like 4

Yeah il be there for sure.. British speedway realy does shoot itself in the foot with its comedy rules and regs.