British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Elite League have 14 league matches at home.

Panthers will have 12 league and at least 1 KOC & 3 league cup matches. Obviously you get more if we progress in any of these competitions - last year a season ticket got you 20 matches.

As others have said, I see it more as helping the club out as opposed to working out if I'm better or worse off by a few quid. Plus it's convenient.

Lakeside's equivalent is £255 for Adults, £220 concessions

Berwick good value at £199 with supervised kids FOC. Like Peterborough the track is big and the wind is cold. Toilets probably stink too. Eight hour round trip and associated cost might put some off. On a serious note the biggest downside to season tickets at Peterborough is they cannot be used by friends should we not be able to attend. From the club's perspective a little bit of flexibility could see folk attending that would otherwise not and you never know they might enjoy it and return as paying customers.

• Like 1

I was just going on £300 each for a season ticket for me and husband and then two at £200 for each kid over 12. As that's the age we have to pay for on the day tickets, however I could be wrong and kids (under 16) are included if the adult has a season ticket? Idk

Yes that was my calculation as I am not sure what age children are admitted for free or charged.

I was just going on £300 each for a season ticket for me and husband and then two at £200 for each kid over 12. As that's the age we have to pay for on the day tickets, however I could be wrong and kids (under 16) are included if the adult has a season ticket? Idk

You could email peterboroughspeedwayoffice@yahoo.com and ask, I'm sure they'd help. You could raise the question about a family season ticket, might be an idea they'd consider? Edited by Noodles
  • Like 2

Yes that was my calculation as I am not sure what age children are admitted for free or charged.

Last season 12-16 year old season ticket's were £75 but I can see no option on the 2016 renewal form. The alternative was to pay £5 per meeting when accompanied by an adult but not sure if that applies for 2016.

Guessing that's why the Rye House car park is in such a state then, if you can do all three in the same place?

You can only do two of those there

• Like 1

On a serious note the biggest downside to season tickets at Peterborough is they cannot be used by friends should we not be able to attend. From the club's perspective a little bit of flexibility could see folk attending that would otherwise not and you never know they might enjoy it and return as paying customers.

Wouldn't say that it's a big downside but it is a good point. We're only talking small numbers here so perhaps it is time for more flexibilty and thinking outside the box. It might increase sales and, as you say, introduce new supporters?

Edited by Crump99

Hope bjerre gets readypower backing. Could be the best no. 1 in the league if gets back to near best.

And Simon deserves to be back, would be great to keep as many of last years team as possible do we have the team spirit again

If they sign Bjerre, you could fit in Carl Wilkinson, would you prefer him to Simon Lambert?

If they sign Bjerre, you could fit in Carl Wilkinson, would you prefer him to Simon Lambert?

No definitely not - can't think of any rider on similar average to Simon I would prefer.

• Like 1

Simon was great for us last year and really improved. I would keep him above anyone of a similar avg. we had great team moral and I think it is important to keep that going with as many from last year back as possible. Bring it on - Panthers PL champs 2016

• Like 3

Aha.... I see where that £1000 comes from now

But it's still cheaper than paying at the gate at every meeting.

In fact most heat sponsors & air fence panels were paid for by the likes of you & me. £200 may not be a fortune to you but each one invaluable to the club in its hour of need.

I just meant that it's way less than the £1000 that was being talked about.

Of course heat sponsorships at £200 a pop, and so on, are invaluable to Panthers. When Panthers were in dire straits last year it was a case of every £1 that fans could chip in was important. And it's still the case.

I'm happy to bow to your greater knowledge about the status of the heat & airbag sponsors. So it's mostly 'ordinary' fans, is it? You could be right. Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that sponsorship is an allowable expense against tax where businesses are involved - and most sponsorship income comes from businesses rather than from valliant efforts by ordinary fans.

Some people still seem to be under the impression that Rick Frost was dipping his hands in his pockets and just using his own money to finance Panthers :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with as you put it (being up oneself) , its a comparison & about value for money if it offends you then i'm sorry but you'll have to live with it, perhaps you could enlighten us and tell us how much season tickets are at at your home track

Edinburgh early bird season tickets are £264 with programme. This is 16 matches only and any extra matches are chargeable. Not sure if Edinburgh have to pay for parking?

Edited by Noodles

Edinburgh early bird season tickets are £264 with programme. This is 16 matches only and any extra matches are chargeable. Not sure if Edinburgh have to pay for parking?

[/quote Normal parking fee for non season ticket holders was £2 per car for 2015

Hope bjerre gets readypower backing. Could be the best no. 1 in the league if gets back to near best.

And Simon deserves to be back, would be great to keep as many of last years team as possible do we have the team spirit again

Well you better hope that Rathbone, the team manager and the assistant to the team manager can keep Bjerre sweet because team spirit didn't allegedly seem to be a strong point previously. Can't see him dropping down tbh as I'd have thought that he still has ambition, but then again there might be a bigger picture here?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

You get to watch the double league champions though!

You could also say that you get to watch the two time Elite League champions at Peterborough