British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Cradley V Brummies Wed 23.9.15 Gold Cup Semi Final

The Brummies must fancy their chances. With Ellis out injured and Greavesie still missing it does weaken the top end which is the last thing you need against Brum. They look to have beefed up their reserve positions too. Glad to see Tyler hasn't broken it. It looked bad at Brandon. We need a couple of good performances from Max and Matt and they have both improved a lot this year.

Looking forward to it, sunny and dry around here at the moment but it will be on the cool side tonight I think.

Ommer em Cradley!

Injury? its only a flesh wound.

are you commenting on one post in particular or are you watching monty pythons holy grail :D

I think you shouldn't be able to change your team for the gold cup especially if it's replacing someone who can ride anyway

On the subject of injuries it begs the question what the nature of the season ending injuries to the two Brummies riders are. Needless to say the fans have been treated as mushrooms again on this matter.

The cynic in me says the nature of the injuries is just about sufficient to ensure the Brummies can book the best available guests (Jack PB is a fantastic prospect) even though Wilson completed all of his rides in the recent under 19 championship. Brummies reserves scored 11 last night and both looked impressive - I would say they probably scored perhaps 6 or 7 more than Wilson and Banks would have in the meeting.

Having said that Brummies were the better side as they have been all season and especially after losing Clegg in his second ride there was only ever one result on the cards. Brummies were quicker generally out of the gate especially early on so no real complaints over the result. Neale had I think his only real off night of the season, which says a lot of the progress he has made.

We'll just have to win the cup instead :wink:

are you commenting on one post in particular or are you watching monty pythons holy grail :D

The Heathens are my holy grail :lol: Always look on the bright side of life :lol:

• Like 2

The cynic in me says the nature of the injuries is just about sufficient to ensure the Brummies can book the best available guests

Riders don't have to be injured to be replaced by a guest in the NL. "any other reason, e.g. Work, school, holidays, etc." is the additional rule for that league.

Riders don't have to be injured to be replaced by a guest in the NL. "any other reason, e.g. Work, school, holidays, etc." is the additional rule for that league.

Thanks, that had slipped my mind. Seems I'm not a very good cynic after all

Let's skip leg 2 and go straight to final I think it's decided now really

Edited by Alex2000

Again? First time u thrashed us and was never in doubt with all our injuries was it, fair play to ya but winner will only lose to Eastbourne anyway.

The main thing is that Cleggy doesn't appear to have broken anything. That's incredible after his crash.

I'm still trying to work out what happened. Did his chain go or did his footrest get caught in the fence?

The main thing is that Cleggy doesn't appear to have broken anything. That's incredible after his crash.

I'm still trying to work out what happened. Did his chain go or did his footrest get caught in the fence?

It's strange, he seemed to just catch the fence which I guess would indicate as you say that his footrest caught it - we stand on the entry to the first bend and look straight down the straight at that bend and the amount of times that you could swear a rider is about to clip that fence is amazing (unfortunately a few times this season they have - Mikey, Nathan and now Max have all come a cropper there).

I was amazed that Max jumped up so quickly after the crash, adrenaline I suppose. As you say it could have been a lot worse, hopefully just bumps and bruises and a few days rest should sort it. Thankfully his bike missed everyone else as it bounced across the track