British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

So you're saying Danny King is Premier League standard?

He is EL standard. 3rd heat leader standard at best tho.

• Like 1

So you're saying Danny King is Premier League standard?

Yep

smolinski for garrity imo

then when garritys fit replace woryna with him - no brainer

Won't fit though Smolinskis last average was 7.56.

Smolinski for Garrity from Monday 11th July team average would be 41.07.

Sarjeant and Woryna at reserve in the latest averages with Bates in the 1-5.

I'm not surprised and will keep my fingers crossed for Josh's sake that he can cope with the 1-5 -- we don't need another rider to lose confidence.

I think its too late and won't matter what is changed and lets be honest here I can't be the only one who thinks nothing will be done...!!!! Any changes should have been made long ago to give us a realistic chance of making the playoffs instead we have chosen to stay with the four reserves we began with and has proven categorically to be a catastrophic mistake by the management combined with the inconsistency of the three heat leaders it has led to just seven wins this season so far I believe and one of those in a challenge match against Glasgow..!! They have had spare points to play with in the averages all season and what have they done? Answer NOTHING. No effort whatsoever to strengthen which I can only say the that management believe they are happy that what they have is good enough. Well hello heres some news ITS NOT...!!!! In fact it borders on the side of being rubbish. Any of us Coventry supporters that would have liked a half decent team to be assembled in what very much looks like being our last season at Brandon and possibly ever could not have been more disappointed and let down. Going out with a whimper at this rate.

• Like 5

I think its too late and won't matter what is changed and lets be honest here I can't be the only one who thinks nothing will be done...!!!! Any changes should have been made long ago to give us a realistic chance of making the playoffs instead we have chosen to stay with the four reserves we began with and has proven categorically to be a catastrophic mistake by the management combined with the inconsistency of the three heat leaders it has led to just seven wins this season so far I believe and one of those in a challenge match against Glasgow..!! They have had spare points to play with in the averages all season and what have they done? Answer NOTHING. No effort whatsoever to strengthen which I can only say the that management believe they are happy that what they have is good enough. Well hello heres some news ITS NOT...!!!! In fact it borders on the side of being rubbish. Any of us Coventry supporters that would have liked a half decent team to be assembled in what very much looks like being our last season at Brandon and possibly ever could not have been more disappointed and let down. Going out with a whimper at this rate.

Sadly it just looks like Mick is just 'getting it over and done with'.

Yes It does. Let's hope if we do agree a new lease and Horton stays he shows more determination to put out a competitive side as this one is woeful.

• Like 2

Let's hope we get a new lease and a different promoter heard today there could be a new lease or sale if someone is happy to buy the stadium for what it was purchased for from Sandu

Edited by kingbee
  • Like 1

Let's hope we get a new lease and a different promoter heard today there could be a new lease or sale if someone is happy to buy the stadium for what it was purchased for from Sandu

What are the chances of somebody having that kind of money though?

Does that mean no lease if nobody else buys it?

Who knows, but fans are becoming massively fed up of Horton but I guess he's better than nothing!!

He's almost got it right the last two years. Last year we had a great season and were very unlucky to be hit with injuries to Garrity & JK before play offs.

However I'm not sure how he went from that team to this one! Yes the heatleader list caused problems as it meant we could have the 4 he wanted but his reserve picks were terrible.

He's almost got it right the last two years. Last year we had a great season and were very unlucky to be hit with injuries to Garrity & JK before play offs.

However I'm not sure how he went from that team to this one! Yes the heatleader list caused problems as it meant we could have the 4 he wanted but his reserve picks were terrible.

Just got lucky with having Garrity at reserve the last two seasons IMO, and we only got first pick of him because we were bottom in 2013!

Don't be fooled into thinking Horton knows how to build a good team, had we not been lucky in getting Garrity we would have been nowhere in any of his seasons in charge.

• Like 1

Just got lucky with having Garrity at reserve the last two seasons IMO, and we only got first pick of him because we were bottom in 2013!

Don't be fooled into thinking Horton knows how to build a good team, had we not been lucky in getting Garrity we would have been nowhere in any of his seasons in charge.

Nail on the head.

Totally, 100% spot on.

To win you need a good top 2, a good reserve. Then you fill the gaps. IMO we have the good top 2 but we lack the good reserve so we're struggling. Getting a good top 2 and a good reserve means they take 15 rides between them, possibly 17.