British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

BEES TO VISIT GLASGOW

Sunday January 31, 2016

COVENTRY will head North on Easter Sunday after agreeing a Challenge fixture with Premier League title hopefuls Glasgow.

The Buildbase Bees will visit the impressive Peugeot Ashfield Stadium on Sunday March 27 (3pm start) as the Tigers launch their new campaign against Elite League opposition.

It will be the Bees first trip north of the border in six years, as they also visited Glasgow early in the 2010 season where a weakened team was on the receiving end of a surprise 45-48 defeat.

Since then, the Tigers stadium has undergone a huge transformation with Gerry and Michael Facenna taking over the club last winter and overseeing a programme of wholesale improvements.

Those improvements have extended to on-track business too, with Glasgow reaching the Premier League Grand Final last season and with a powerful top four for 2016 comprising Richard Lawson, Richie Worrall and former Bees duo Aaron Summers and Ben Barker, they will be hotly tipped for another successful campaign.

Coventry will travel without Jason Garrity and Josh Bates, who have a League Cup commitment with Sheffield at Scunthorpe on that afternoon. Details of replacements will be announced in due course.

And for James Sarjeant, it will be a rapid return to his Premier League club of last season, as he achieved a 5.00 average for the Tigers before making the switch to Ipswich for the coming campaign.

The match completes a busy Easter schedule for the Bees, as they also face back-to-back Elite League encounters with local rivals Leicester, racing at Brandon on Good Friday, March 25, before the return at the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium the following evening.

View Full Site

BEES TO VISIT GLASGOW

Sunday January 31, 2016

COVENTRY will head North on Easter Sunday after agreeing a Challenge fixture with Premier League title hopefuls Glasgow.

The Buildbase Bees will visit the impressive Peugeot Ashfield Stadium on Sunday March 27 (3pm start) as the Tigers launch their new campaign against Elite League opposition.

Since then, the Tigers stadium has undergone a huge transformation with Gerry and Michael Facenna taking over the club last winter and overseeing a programme of wholesale improvements.

Just goes to show what can be achieved when you have people involved in the sport for the right reasons.

But that does not make much business sense from Sandhu if planning consent rumbles on for several years of potential lost rent. He strikes me as a guy who wants the stadium rent on Friday and money from the land sell off on the following Monday.

Once outline planning is permitted there is plenty of time to evict motor sports for vacant posession.

Still wait and see I suppose , positive news on a new site would be most welcome

Up the bees.

At our recent night with Rory Schlein he said that their was a bye law stating that Brandon must be used as a sporting venue

Would be nice if it was true but I doubt it.

• Like 3

Its true that the site is to be used as a motorsports venue only but it apparently it can be changed.

Just a point the land opposite which was a market garden has had planning refused on a number of occasions and has been derelict for many years i was told Sandu also owned that as well?

Just a point the land opposite which was a market garden has had planning refused on a number of occasions and has been derelict for many years i was told Sandu also owned that as well?

I believe it now has planning permission for something, cant remember what exactly.

I believe it now has planning permission for something, cant remember what exactly.

Another garden centre

• Like 4

Perhaps there is hope after all then? A Garden Centre eventually gets planning permission for a.....Garden Centre. A Motor Sports Stadium continues as a Motor Sports Stadium? Well, I can live in hope. :lol:

• Like 2

It might make it that little more difficult to get houses at Brandon with a garden centre over the road having cars and deliveries coming in and out all day.

♣Fixture Change♣ The Aces v Coventry fixture scheduled for Saturday 7th May will now take place on Friday 2nd September.

♣Fixture Change♣ The Aces v Coventry fixture scheduled for Saturday 7th May will now take place on Friday 2nd September.

That must be close to the cut off point.

That must be close to the cut off point.

Well, if we stick to our announced 1 to 7 that will be of no consequence to us.

• Like 3

Sir Jasper, on 03 Feb 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Well, if we stick to our announced 1 to 7 that will be of no consequence to us.

Coventry in recent times have never been a club to stick with a non competitive side , changes are made . All of the doom mongers last season who whinged about Jamrog were soon silenced . I'm sure whoever aint doing it will be gone... BUT many " supporters " are already critical of young Kacper Woryna when they have never seen him ride or in some bizarre case never even heard of him !! Give the kid a chance eh ? You just never know .......

• Like 5