British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Just listened to it and Jeremy Heaver sounds quite positive. Only 6 houses within a mile of the site and wants it eco friendly, solar panels, reuse water LED lights etc. He wants us fans to soon write to Rugby Council to show that it's wanted by both Coventry and Rugby locals. Both councils have both been involved. Plans have also already been drawn up.

Sounds like it will be from farmland owned by Cov council in Rugby duristiction

Edited by Game On

Something positive at last ,fingers crossed it can progress in a timely fashion.

I cannot believe a new site could be operational by 2017 but hope it can be.

I Am unsure what powers cov city council or rugby borough council can assert in this matter but surely now is the time to get involved and delay the housing at Brandon until we can move to a new stadium in a seamless manner.

Up the bees

The question I have is how will it be financed. Sandhu? Cov and Rugby Council? private investor?

Surely it will Sandhu who at the time said he would do whatever it took to ensure Coventry had a new track. Assuming of course he is a man of his word.

If Sandhu finances the new stadium on his own then fair play.

• Like 1

Perhaps the financing of the new stadium will be a condition of sale, to the developers. Isn't that the normal for these type of deals?

woz01, on 11 Feb 2016 - 6:59 PM, said:

If Sandhu finances the new stadium on his own then fair play.

Great news for you Bees fans & Very good news for our sport in general .. I am sure Sandhu is a man of his word , he has never made a secret of his housing plan for the site from day one ..

According to the Coventry Telegraph report, Sandhu has sold the stadium. Quote from the 3rd para: "....existing track in Brandon........after it was sold by......Avtar Sandhu..". Could be a (nother) piece of sloppy journalism of course, or is there something else we haven't been told?

The land off the A444/Toll bar island already has a MX track and scrap yard, could this be the site?

Can't believe there's no mention of today's update on the Bees website?

Edited by Brandon
  • Like 1

It was stated it was a “brown field” site, so it could be the Hope ready mix concrete site on Brandon Lane. Hope having recently been acquired by Breedon Aggregates, who already have a depot not too far along the A45 at Lawford Heath. As is the norm with any acquisition, for efficiency gain purposes there is inevitably some consolidation of activities (site closures).

According to the Coventry Telegraph report, Sandhu has sold the stadium. Quote from the 3rd para: "....existing track in Brandon........after it was sold by......Avtar Sandhu..". Could be a (nother) piece of sloppy journalism of course, or is there something else we haven't been told?

Jeremy Heaver confirmed Sandhu sold the site and has no say regarding Brandon. Part of the sale agreement was the stadium to be in use until the end of 2016.

woz01, on 11 Feb 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:woz01, on 11 Feb 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

Jeremy Heaver confirmed Sandhu sold the site and has no say regarding Brandon. Part of the sale agreement was the stadium to be in use until the end of 2016.

Well you wont need any bricks off Mr Ford as you are sponsored by BUILDBASE !!

Edited by BANANAMAN

Great news for you Bees fans & Very good news for our sport in general .. I am sure Sandhu is a man of his word , he has never made a secret of his housing plan for the site from day one ..

Good luck on the new stadium - I won't hold my breath about Sandhu though

Good luck on the new stadium - I won't hold my breath about Sandhu though

Heaver and I think Sandhu too have a contract to run Stock Cars so its in their interests to have a stadium. Its a money spinner for them.

• Like 1

Heaver and I think Sandhu too have a contract to run Stock Cars so its in their interests to have a stadium. Its a money spinner for them.

Let's hope so, we will find out soon enough.