British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

holy moly - just read the latest on the "official" bees site of the student admission policy being withdrawn due to it being "abused".

Horton and Watson - you so so desperate and obviously on a different planet. You need bums on seats big time - so a student coming in for say 5 quid less than the the normal 17 quid rate men's you get 12 pounds of income, plus the potential of a programme sale, bag of crisps, maybe a pie and if you lucky, a glass of Coke. Now, master or miss student are gonna give you a miss - especially with the rubbishe you putting on show at present

I fifty plus, and the student policy means bugger all to me. Come on guys, get a life !

My edit - for rubbishe please read. S H I T and E. - anything less does not emphasise how bad things are.

Oh dear that's poor, whatever next.

if its being abused why should the promotion let folks in for a fiver when they should be paying full price.....

• Like 2

if its being abused why should the promotion let folks in for a fiver when they should be paying full price.....

How is it being abused? They stated NUS card holder, if people have an NUS card then that gets them in for £5. Well it did.

Another idiot up by Mick Horton and another knee jerk reaction.

You know when it's shut down later this year I'm not actually going to be that bothered. Messers Horton and co along with the muppets at BSPA have killed the passion I had for the sport.

Edited by Bees_Man
  • Like 1

One minute Mick says stick with us as we are a rubbish team until we make a change, and then he says bend over while I shaft you again.

• Like 2

How is it being abused? They stated NUS card holder, if people have an NUS card then that gets them in for £5. Well it did.

Another idiot up by Mick Horton and another knee jerk reaction.

I will try and explain to you what is going on.

Adults in full time employment are applying for part time courses on line and with those courses comes an NUS card. These adults have no intention of attending the courses and are applying for them with the sole purpose of cheating/stealing money off Coventry Speedway.

How idiots on here can think this is perfectly OK is beyond me.

Mick Horton should have put an age limit on the use of these NUS cards in the first place, say under 25, and this dishonest practice by a few petty thieves would not have occurred.

• Like 2

Adults in full time employment are applying for part time courses on line and with those courses comes an NUS card. These adults have no intention of attending the courses and are applying for them with the sole purpose of cheating/stealing money off Coventry Speedway.

Mick Horton should have put an age limit on the use of these NUS cards in the first place, say under 25, and this dishonest practice by a few petty thieves would not have occurred.

Maybe you can explain the sudden drop in attendance next Monday and beyond.

Maybe you can explain the sudden drop in attendance next Monday and beyond.

Unlike you I cannot predict the future.

I guess you are one of the supporters who has been benefiting from this £5 gesture to genuine students and does not like the idea of paying full price.

So, you've never heard of a mature student ? I went back into part time study (evenings only, whilst working) aged 27.

• Like 2

So we're the only club in the country with zero concessions?! What does that tell you!

It tells me if you introduce concessions there are always some low life people who will abuse it.

By the way all children under 16 are still admitted free. Which other clubs offer this concession?

So, you've never heard of a mature student ? I went back into part time study (evenings only, whilst working) aged 27.

Of course I have heard of mature students but this concession was meant to encourage full time students, not people in full time employment.

The people abusing the concession never went anywhere near a College or University.

It tells me if you introduce concessions there are always some low life people who will abuse it.

By the way all children under 16 are still admitted free. Which other clubs offer this concession?

Of course I have heard of mature students but this concession was meant to encourage full time students, not people in full time employment.

The people abusing the concession never went anywhere near a College or University.

And what is your proof/evidence of this ?

• Like 1

And what is your proof/evidence of this ?

What evidence do want? Names and addresses of the culprits? When someone thinks they are getting away with a good scam they are unable to keep their mouth shut and it soon becomes common knowledge. Anyway the concession was aimed at FULL time students not mature students who worked during the day and occasionally attended a college at night.

• Like 1