British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

So 1.7 Million pounds is a good return around 12 years on. There were improvements made granted but add income from sponsorship, gate receipts (especially the stox) and rent isn't a bad deal for him. No wonder there is money in the coffers for a new stadium with no backers needed. I do feel very let down at the fact we were again told one thing and delivered something else, always told Sandhu was a man of his word. Last nights meeting contradicted all this and Mr Heavers and the council have different accounts of what is going on

A legacy Mr Sandhu should and could have left is in real danger of being instead the person who ended Coventry Speedway. The history of the club and its legacy that was left by C.O is on its last legs, No regard for the riders and stadium staff who he has employed previously and promises that were told to fans about a new stadium would be built before Brandon was sold. No regard for the fans who celebrated with him the title success's in 2005, 2007 and 2010.

I have no doubt Mr Heaver has been looking at a solution to this as at the end of the day his current position is going also with the end of Brandon.

Maybe there is an 11th hour solution, but we can't go through this every few years. The best way forward would be a speedway only track supported rugby council, using buildbase materials of course :t::D

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1

There is still a lot of things we can persue to get racing at Brandon next season. Councillor Stokes was particularly impressive and suggested more than once than any housing would be refuse on the site for a variety of reasons especially over 200 dwellings. Under the surface of the meeting it seems there could be a deal reached where both keep the stadium and build some houses on the site subject to planning obviously. The developers also need permission to demolish the stadium, asbestos and other issues could make that prolonged.

Still a hell if a lot to fight for the developers haven't said no to next season but they are still talking to the councillor so hopefully us and stox can still get a longer lease.

Also at the meeting a statement from Heaver revealed they like a site 13 miles from Brandon but still near Coventry, going by that it must be the opposite side of the City but we will have to wait and see on that....

i think they are referring to the golf course that went bust in exhall, one of CCFC "pretend" re location sites!

i think they are referring to the golf course that went bust in exhall, one of CCFC "pretend" re location sites!

Possibly, my first thought when I heard it was near Nuneaton.

carnt understand why sandhu would ask for his regular saturdays,when he says the lease runs out october ..... something not right

another thing is the new owners (brandon estates) are located in jersey, offshore tax arrangemet?

Sandhu promotes the Brisca F1, and if another venue cannot be found he is taking the show on the road, this could be beneficial, as if he can find a suitble site then he can lease to the speedway as he does now

That would be Hawksbury Junction, just below the M6 as you drive between J2 and J3, too close to be 13 miles away, I would have guessed further up the M6 nearer Coleshill,

Edited by full-throttle
  • Like 1

Sandhu promotes the Brisca F1, and if another venue cannot be found he is taking the show on the road, this could be beneficial, as if he can find a suitble site then he can lease to the speedway as he does now

That would be Hawksbury Junction, just below the M6 as you drive between J2 and J3, too close to be 13 miles away, I would have guessed further up the M6 nearer Coleshill,

coleshill, no too far out.... you can hear the pensioners complaining about it already!

coleshill, no too far out.... you can hear the pensioners complaining about it already!

I'm no pensioner but travelling to Coleshill for a team that is COVENTRY Bees ----- not for me but I will respect others who feel that it's a good alternative

• Like 1

If it's your nearest live speedway, what's the problem - do you want to watch our wonderful sport or not?

Free buspass put into action! Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 1

If it's your nearest live speedway, what's the problem - do you want to watch our wonderful sport or not?

Free buspass put into action!

Yes I do want to watch the wonderful sport and I POLITELY said I respect others who would choose to go to Coleshill. What is the problem with my opinion? Enjoy your free travel.

I'm no pensioner but travelling to Coleshill for a team that is COVENTRY Bees ----- not for me but I will respect others who feel that it's a good alternative

It could be our only option, if all that has been reported is true.

So it seems the bank had a big say in the sale of Brandon. I did say this when it was put up for sale, it made no sense otherwise. If the bank wanted it sold does Sandhu even have the money for a replacement? I bloody hope so!

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Where has this info about the bank come from?

We have 30 days to try and help the council and the new owner come to an agreement so I just hope we stick to facts on here.

• Like 2

i find it slightly strange how sandhu has links to brandon estates based in jersey

was sandhu forced to sell , if so under what reasons , remember the court case a few years ago a money laundering/mobile phone scam and a bloke claiming to own half the stadium

i find it slightly strange how sandhu has links to brandon estates based in jersey

was sandhu forced to sell , if so under what reasons , remember the court case a few years ago a money laundering/mobile phone scam and a bloke claiming to own half the stadium

Rugby council says he had no links

• Like 1

Where has this info about the bank come from?

We have 30 days to try and help the council and the new owner come to an agreement so I just hope we stick to facts on here.

Jeremy Heaver on the Save Cov Speedway facebook page.

The councillior confirmed Sandhu has no links, he has seen paperwork and met the individuals. Edited by woz01