British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

I agree that he should be allowed to double up, How he can be expected to earn a living just doing EL? The gp circus is just an added expense and you can't knock him for giving it a go, he qualified by right and has every right to give it a go. It's his passion and career and as the saying goes it's better to regret something you did do rather than something you didn't.

He has given priority to British speedway and what's he ever had in return really? It would give a boost to a premier league team and to Chris to get extra time on a bike, increased crowds ? It seems a no brainer to me ! When he does call it a day people will look back and say we need more riders like bomber, maybe its getting older but it used to be a Coventry win was everything but these days good close racing and being entertained wins every time.

• Like 1

Bomber rides in Poland and Denmark doesn't he?

Bomber rides in Poland and Denmark doesn't he?

Don't think he ride in Denmark and it's rare he ride in Poland, he's a bit part player at best in recent season.

Don't think he ride in Denmark and it's rare he ride in Poland, he's a bit part player at best in recent season.

Wrong. He scored 13 for Holsterbro 3 weeks ago.

Wrong. He scored 13 for Holsterbro 3 weeks ago.

That's the only Danish meeting he has done though.

His Polish team haven't used him since the first meeting of the season in March.

Edited by CB252

Bombers a victim of the SQUAD system that everybody keeps banging on about. Its virtually put him out of work !

Edited by dornier

I cant help but say to Coventry fans......you are the only fans that like Harris and thats only because he rides for you, you would soon go against him if riding for another team.

His performance in the GB final was pitiful being beaten by National league riders and I for one am so glad he will not be a GP rider next season so fed up of watching his pathetic efforts to

beat far better riders season in season out.

Edited by Alan R Horne
  • Like 1

I cant help but say to Coventry fans......you are the only fans that like Harris and thats only because he rides for you, you would soon go against him if riding for another team.

His performance in the GB final was pitiful being beaten by National league riders and I for one am so glad he will not be a GP rider next season so fed up of watching his pathetic efforts to

Thanks for this lucid reply.

Chris has qualified for the GP series and is struggling so what, all riders struggle for form at times I am sure he is trying to turn things around.It is looking like he will not qualify next year agreed but he should be applauded for his long career in the series.

He had a torrid time in this years British Final but as Bees fans we hold him in great esteem for his never say die attitude and consistent scoring over the seasons in league racing.

What Bomber needs is a strong manager who builds up his confidence and removes all the mechanical and set up doubts from his mind so he just concentrates on his riding.

Chris deserves more than this derision .

• Like 2

Terrible post from a clueless troll!!

I actually know a lot of people who like Harris who don't support Coventry. A lot of people also like him guesting for their teams.

As for the comment about us turning against him if he rode for somebody else, you must have forgot that he rode for Belle Vue & Birmingham and was still highly popular with bee fans. I guess not everybody is as fickle & disrespectful as you

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

I agree that he should be allowed to double up, How he can be expected to earn a living just doing EL? The gp circus is just an added expense and you can't knock him for giving it a go, he qualified by right and has every right to give it a go. It's his passion and career and as the saying goes it's better to regret something you did do rather than something you didn't.

He has given priority to British speedway and what's he ever had in return really? It would give a boost to a premier league team and to Chris to get extra time on a bike, increased crowds ? It seems a no brainer to me ! When he does call it a day people will look back and say we need more riders like bomber, maybe its getting older but it used to be a Coventry win was everything but these days good close racing and being entertained wins every time.

If the current rules allow then yes bomber should be allowed to double up BUT to just simply let him double up because hes hit hard times then no he shouldn`t be allowed. The elite league needs scrapping and merging with the Premier League to make a bigger league where all riders can make a living.
  • Like 1

I totally agree with you, Cook was in the same position just a few weeks ago. Yet again the rule book has made this impossible for Bomber, you could argue that it's a knock on effect as if say they had been allowed to double up its then somebody else out of a job. Harris is riding in a month what some are in a week, Poland has always been difficult for British riders and Nicholls has been lucky to get all 3 leagues this season.

let's hope that 2017 we actually have a team to support and the rule book has been simplified shall we say.

• Like 1

Awful post.

Would happily have him at the aces.

He had an awful British final, all riders have had a shocker at times.

As for gp, someone has to finish 15th or 16th in the world. Hardly pathetic to finish last in that field

Harris has been an excellent and loyal servant of British speedway, and while he may not be the rider he once was he is still top hl brit in the El averages.

Not sure what caused such a bitter post, unless you are just trolling?

• Like 5

Dick

• Like 3

That's the only Danish meeting he has done though.

His Polish team haven't used him since the first meeting of the season in March.

3 weeks ago however.

But part of the reason why all British riders should be allowed to double up/down if they want to.

What I would ask is this p.....t from and who does he support?. His post is disgraceful perhaps he can't see every week the tremendous effort and harum sacrum moves he makes to entertain his supporters. This post is a disgrace to decent speedway supporters. As a mature speedway supporter of Coventry I would love to know who is his favourite rider who risks his life every time he gets on a bike like all of them do whatever their age/experience. This mans post is a disgrace. I would hazard a guess who he supports!!

Edited by abbo