British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

I think it best to pay no need to rumours especially those that circulate on here and repeating them without knowing if they are true risks giving them credibility to some and doing harm to the clubs mentioned and the sport in general. It is beyond my comprehension why people who claim to be speedway supporters would want to do that. Over the years I have heard many rumours about problems at different clubs, some have turned out to be true, some haven't but I have never thought it right or, that it would benefit the sport, to comment openly on what quite often turned out to be baseless gossip.

As for Fricke, he lives with his mechanic close to Brandon, which explains his visits to Coventry when he is not engaged elsewhere. As for next year who knows. I hope we keep him, he is an undoubted talent but we need to look elsewhere if there are going to be as many clashes with his foreign commitments.

• Like 1

we need a number 1 if KK isn't back that could ride with Garrity. It's not like KK and JG were poetry in motion, more watching each other than the opposition at times.

Gordon Bennett, on 11 Sept 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

Probably best to not take as gospel 'what people have said'.

Could not agree with you more . The only thing that seems certain is that Hans will be at Poole & Doyle will be at Swindon as they have got written contracts . The things " people have said " include at set race day which included a day when greyhounds is raced at one of the stadiums , Lions & Stars dropping down & Glasgow coming up , the list goes on !! , its just rumour ..At this moment in time there are possibly only a couple of promoters who have any idea of next years team & what the points limit could be .

we need a number 1 if KK isn't back that could ride with Garrity. It's not like KK and JG were poetry in motion, more watching each other than the opposition at times.

Is there anyone? :lol:

.......lisa-collette........Too much money according to Horton?? Which means prob what he is worth! Poor Max BV who people have said have financial worries or Coventry who a rider has supposedly said may or may not owe him money. What a choice!

Nothing wrong in keeping a check on the finances to ensure the club can continue each season. Unfortunately we don't have a millionaire promoter any more as he got hounded out.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

If rumours are true then he's not getting paid at Belle Vue at the moment anyway due to financial problems. Fricke is in the pits at Brandon will the Coventry team at most meetings this season so has a good relationship with us.

As Larsen still hadn't been paid from 4 years ago would that be a case of jumping from one non-paying club to another?

Course its bloody true. He was paid his money and told to take the tweet down, anyone who thinks otherwise needs a reality check.

• Like 1

As someone who was convinced two people were actually the same person and continued to go on about it for weeks on end pardon me if I don't believe anything you say is 'bloody true' from now on as you obviously know the same as everyone else on here.....which is usually zilch. :lol:

• Like 2

As someone who was convinced two people were actually the same person and continued to go on about it for weeks on end pardon me if I don't believe anything you say is 'bloody true' from now on as you obviously know the same as everyone else on here.....which is usually zilch. :lol:

A rider would hardly come out with a coment like that if it wasnt true, if it wasnt true Horton could take him to court and sue him.

And look at Hortons track record.

And look at Hortons track record.

My initial thought was who did he ride for but I suppose I ought to be serious. It depends what the £2,000 was for ~ kevlars, wages not paid, sponsors money, petrol, van, it could be anything so there are always two sides to every story. Unless you know exactly why he was owed £2,000 and why he quickly removed the 'tweet' or whatever it's called then you know as much as me.

My initial thought was who did he ride for but I suppose I ought to be serious. It depends what the £2,000 was for ~ kevlars, wages not paid, sponsors money, petrol, van, it could be anything so there are always two sides to every story. Unless you know exactly why he was owed £2,000 and why he quickly removed the 'tweet' or whatever it's called then you know as much as me.

Bottom line is Horton owed him £2000. A rider isnt going to come out and lie like that. Very naive to think otherwise

• Like 1

Bottom line is Larsen says he is owed £2000 which maybe true equally not true.

Very naive to think riders are always in the right.

Bottom line is Larsen says he is owed £2000 which maybe true equally not true.

Very naive to think riders are always in the right.

Bottom line is Horton has form for owing riders money. A rider has stated on social media he was owed money. Have you ever known that happen before and it turn out to be a lie?