K Bjerre

S Worrall

L Lindgren

L Kerr

A Rosen

L Rose

L Carr

Kenneth? How? What average?

Not much going on now so maybe you are looking for speedway items to while away the time until next march

Why not have a look at my 3 websites and if you have any interesting photos etc perhaps you can scan them and send the images to me for inclusion on the website(s)

1. http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk
  2. http://www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk
  3. http://www.newcastlecyclespeedway.co.uk

Website 1 covers Defunct Tracks and a whole lot more besides the sports defunct tracks

Website 2 is the unofficial history of Newcastle Speedway, I say unofficial but as there is no "official" history website and you want Newcastles history then this is the site to visit.

Website 3 Is the history of Cycle Speedway around the Newcastle area

I think you will be suitably impressed by the three websites and hope you may be able to help us provide an even better set of websites

I love these sites. They're not polished, professional looking sites but they're real fans efforts. The internet used to have a few sites like this in the past for various sports teams but they all seem to have died a death and all thats left now is official sites and a few forums. But the content they have is enough to get you lost in there for hours. I wouldn't like to think the hours you have spent on these.

8.22 If its x1.4, to convert EL to PL...Sure scb will confirm for us :)

Correct. Unless of course the conversion has changed. I'd say it's irrelevant though unless Newcastle want to pay him Polish league points money :D

8.22 If its x1.4, to convert EL to PL...Sure scb will confirm for us :)

Thank you :t: I have always wondered how they worked it out, but it seems like everything else, it changes every year :P How wonderful our rulebook can be

So I assume the requirement to have a 3 pointer at reserve will rule out a Nielsen/Rose reserve pairing and possibly mean a choice between the two to ride at 6? I thought Simon made steady progress last season and was going very well around Brough towards the end of the season having gained the confidence to ride the wider lines. Would have been quite happy to have had him back but with an in inexperienced rider at number 7 it puts a different light on things. While I support the move to have a 3 pointer at 7 it does possibly mean there'll be a few riders on 4 point(ish) averages who might struggle to get team places with many promoters going for a more experienced higher scoring option at 6. That would be a shame.

Talk of KB is not realistic. Why would he want to ride PL? If we can get both Steve and Richie I'll be well happy. Aarnio is also a must wherever he rides. Don't see any reason why he wouldn't score well at 2 or 4 if needed. His signing should be a priority.

Fit four around the Worrall twins and Lindgren and I'd be happy.

• Like 1

I will support them whichever team is put out even if Micky mouse& Donald duck ride but hopefully not Minnie lol

• Like 1

So I assume the requirement to have a 3 pointer at reserve will rule out a Nielsen/Rose reserve pairing and possibly mean a choice between the two to ride at 6? I thought Simon made steady progress last season and was going very well around Brough towards the end of the season having gained the confidence to ride the wider lines. Would have been quite happy to have had him back but with an in inexperienced rider at number 7 it puts a different light on things. While I support the move to have a 3 pointer at 7 it does possibly mean there'll be a few riders on 4 point(ish) averages who might struggle to get team places with many promoters going for a more experienced higher scoring option at 6. That would be a shame.

Talk of KB is not realistic. Why would he want to ride PL? If we can get both Steve and Richie I'll be well happy. Aarnio is also a must wherever he rides. Don't see any reason why he wouldn't score well at 2 or 4 if needed. His signing should be a priority.

Why wouldnt he ride PL?? His average permits it and its not as if hes a shoe in for EL or Poland given his form last season.. Loves Newcastle ( says best club hes ridden for) and could earn a good few quid.

If Workington want Rosen, may we have Rene?

Rene apparently said hes not riding in uk next year ( worky thread). Edited by Arson fire

If Workington want Rosen, may we have Rene?

rene not riding in the uk in 2016 .. argh. just seen arsons reply .

Edited by jenga

rene not riding in the uk in 2016

Is he doing a 'Palm Toft'? ;)

• Like 1

1. http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk
  2. http://www.newcastle...ayhistory.co.uk
  3. http://www.newcastle...espeedway.co.uk

I love these sites. They're not polished, professional looking sites but they're real fans efforts. The internet used to have a few sites like this in the past for various sports teams but they all seem to have died a death and all thats left now is official sites and a few forums. But the content they have is enough to get you lost in there for hours. I wouldn't like to think the hours you have spent on these.

Thank you SCB. Yes I am an amateur website designer (at 63yrs old you cannot expect much more than amateur !) and custodian/updater of each website.

I started the sites back in 2005. The reason I started the Newcastle Speedway History site is rooted in my time running the Diamond Geezers support group. We were writing letters, telephoning and emailing like mad to drum up local interest in Newcastle Speedway and it became obvious to have a background website for our contactees to look at was desirable otherwise we were having to repeat ourselves on the history over and over again nudging up telephone bills etc. I did get some interest and the Newcastle website was given an interview on our local radio station.

Two Newcastle area museums (Beamish and Discovery) expressed an interest and looked at length at my Newcastle History website and our official website. They then said they could do historical displays based on my website but with Vintage bikes in a static display I hoped we could run our bikes but they weren't keen. I made local enquiries and couldn't find anyone who had a Douglas, Rudge, JAP etc that they wanted to loan to the museum(s). Without the bikes the museums weren't really interested.

I started the Defunct Speedway website after receiving many phone calls, emails and photos etc from fans, riders and ex-officials of defunct tracks. We decided to start an A-Z of defunct tracks with details of veteran shows and reunions etc. The website grew with help from a whole range of people in the speedway fraternity. Ivan Mauger, Dave Gifford, Reg Fearman and Terry Stone to name just a few. This site is growing daily I am pleased to say.

The Newcastle Cycle Speedway site is a collaboration between me and my long-time friend Keith (Jack o Diamonds) Dyer with lots of help from South Shields Les Gustafson

All 3 websites require Scanned photos, scanned Programmes and memories so if you can help us make the websites even better please visit the website you can help and pick up an email link to me

John Skinner aka Dantodan

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind seeing Dan Greenwood come back as out number 7 after he has got a little more experience in the PL, however I am still unsure, who would you guys like to see at the number 7 spot if it's the likes of Greaves and such like that, many questions to be asked? Will Max Clegg be one? Or does his 3.48 PL average stop that? Because I don't see him getting another spot this year if he can't be a number 7, so the system is already showing weakness, Max Clegg, young British rider, pushed out by the system that's supposed to help?

These are all just questions now of course

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 2