British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

this assuming richie worrall glasgow bound coz him and rose is the best double i think.

nail on the head ;)

It's also noticeable that when a strong team starts to be put together, the naysayers on this forum are nowhere to be seen. I could name names but his favourite response would be 'You need a trophy winning team to make me and other glory hunters come back, arsehole...'

some people are really rude, its not their fault, its just the way they are :(

• Like 1

To be honest it's just nice to be discussing the remaining 3 places of what could be a silverware-winning team (Robert Lambert is a Diamond, pinch yourself folks).

It's also noticeable that when a strong team starts to be put together, the naysayers on this forum are nowhere to be seen. I could name names but his favourite response would be 'You need a trophy winning team to make me and other glory hunters come back, arsehole...'

if its who i think you mean, hes been a supporter if 30-40 years!! Hardly a glory hunter just wants value for money and a competative team... That doesnt make you better than him imo just because your opinion is different.

Fwiw i agree with him mostly.

• Like 1

if its who i think you mean, hes been a supporter if 30-40 years!! Hardly a glory hunter just wants value for money and a competative team... That doesnt make you better than him imo just because your opinion is different.

Fwiw i agree with him mostly.

You're right! After one half of mild too many, my frustrations that a non-winning football team under no threat of closing get a guaranteed 50,000 no matter how far Fat Mike sticks his dick up their arses, came out. Anyway, it was a pointless post because the Diamonds are already four-sevenths of the way to a trophy-winning team. 3 more good signings and I can well see some of the stay-away fans posting to say the team looks good and they will be coming to watch. Robert Lambert in his own right could get people who have never been to live speedway before through the turnstiles.

So, it's pointless raking over that old chicken-and-egg debate of big crowds/winning team between signing 4 and signing 7. Because the promotion has already given a clear indication that in 2016 we will be going down the 'winning team' route. No need to have a pop at people for not watching the non-winning team because they will already be on their way to watch the winning team!

Worth mentioning on 'value for money' though...there were some amazing races in 2015.

As to Robert Lambert being a Diamond...the first I saw of this rider was pulling off a hard move to get a brilliant victory in his first ride of the World Cup race-off, as part of a very impressive performance. So he was one to watch out for when Peterborough visited this year. In his first race, he was literally throwing the bike around in his efforts to get out of third place. After that race I was actually shaking and wondering how we would hold this guy off (we didn't, and lost the meeting by 2 points!). I didn't see him signing for Newcastle coming. You would think Robert and his advisers would have learned from the fallout of the missed matches for Peterborough and that this will be a fresh start for him. The lad's potential seems limitless and with no Cook around is an obvious contender to finish as the top PL rider. With a number one who is capable of wiping the floor with the opposition, the Diamonds could be just 3 signings away from a team that just keeps winning.

• Like 1

You're right! After one half of mild too many, my frustrations that a non-winning football team under no threat of closing get a guaranteed 50,000 no matter how far Fat Mike sticks his dick up their arses, came out. Anyway, it was a pointless post because the Diamonds are already four-sevenths of the way to a trophy-winning team. 3 more good signings and I can well see some of the stay-away fans posting to say the team looks good and they will be coming to watch. Robert Lambert in his own right could get people who have never been to live speedway before through the turnstiles.

So, it's pointless raking over that old chicken-and-egg debate of big crowds/winning team between signing 4 and signing 7. Because the promotion has already given a clear indication that in 2016 we will be going down the 'winning team' route. No need to have a pop at people for not watching the non-winning team because they will already be on their way to watch the winning team!

Worth mentioning on 'value for money' though...there were some amazing races in 2015.

and thats it... We have all called Ashley worse than sh!te, weve all said we not going back so its no different really...others will go whatever the team is.

There were some good races i agree but folk think about how to send their hard earned cash in more detail in todays economic climate....

Lambert is a coup, and if we can get the right riders to fill the remaining places we should do well and get people back through the door, which last seasons team wouldn't do.

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

As regular season ticket holders. My daughter and I were waivering over whether to shell out the cash for a couple of season tickets for 2016 as we feel we didn't get value for our season ticket money over the last couple of seasons with the team not qualifying for the silverware. We were considering in 2016 just paying on a weekly basis for our speedway.

BUT the signings so far. Robert Lambert, Steve Worrall, Ludde and Tero suggests a better season next year. These 4 are racers who will entertain us and also can win us vital points instead of settling for where they were after the second bend.

I have always had the belief that as a commited supporter buying a season ticket as soon as they are available helps the promoter to get some cash in during the winter. So we will sign up for season tickets again and hope we get a few more matches for our money than we had in 2015. Perhaps season ticket holders should get programmes and car parking inclusive? What do you think about this? It would encourage more folk to buy season tickets meaning our promoters would have more cash in before a wheel is turned next March

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 2

Signed for club in Poland

Didn't know that, glad to hear :)

As to Robert Lambert being a Diamond...the first I saw of this rider was pulling off a hard move to get a brilliant victory in his first ride of the World Cup race-off, as part of a very impressive performance. So he was one to watch out for when Peterborough visited this year. In his first race, he was literally throwing the bike around in his efforts to get out of third place. After that race I was actually shaking and wondering how we would hold this guy off (we didn't, and lost the meeting by 2 points!). I didn't see him signing for Newcastle coming. You would think Robert and his advisers would have learned from the fallout of the missed matches for Peterborough and that this will be a fresh start for him. The lad's potential seems limitless and with no Cook around is an obvious contender to finish as the top PL rider. With a number one who is capable of wiping the floor with the opposition, the Diamonds could be just 3 signings away from a team that just keeps winning.

Never mind extra fans turning up to see him , will Robert Lambert turn up himself.

• Like 1

Nick Morris?

No chance, the Poland thing aside, he hates Brough Park and has gone on record saying so. I think he called it the worse track ever on twitter.

Never mind extra fans turning up to see him , will Robert Lambert turn up himself.

ooh,,, have you been eating lemons for lunch,,, ;)

No chance, the Poland thing aside, he hates Brough Park and has gone on record saying so. I think he called it the worse track ever on twitter.

Ohh O.o Does anyone actually... Like our track? XD

To be honest it's just nice to be discussing the remaining 3 places of what could be a silverware-winning team (Robert Lambert is a Diamond, pinch yourself folks).

Actually I have been away on holiday and if I have something to say, then I say it as I have done many times before and will do again So stop trying to be a clever tw*t for your cronies and actually try and be constructive when you call people whos views are not the same as yours - which at least I try and do! By the way I have been a season ticket holder at Newcastke for 42 years so it has got nothing to do with being a glory hunter either but as I have said before football is my passion but to fork out also for the speedway team then I want to have at the very minimum a competitive team as I'm not wasting money on supporting two teams going nowhere. As for the team very impressed by 3 riders - not a great LL fan but as long as the other 7 pointer is of a high standard then I can see why he has been kept on. Me personally hoping for RW and LR to complete the team as I then think it will be a very competitive team. If we can manage that or something nearing that quality, then I will be the first to congratulate the promotion and will certainly be back also as a season ticker holder. The team is not complete though yet so I'm still sitting on the fence currently and if that upsets you then tough!

Edited by acclennell
  • Like 1

My post was pointless because as you say the team isn't even complete yet. But 4 cracking signings so far - personally I am a Ludvig fan but the other 3 signings are great choices and getting RL is a great coup. 3 more signings that good and I am sure you and many others as well as some brand new fans will be along next year.

• Like 1