British Speedway Forum

I genuinely believe the high figure placed on Kus is just there to put another team off, no one in their right mind would pay the figures that are rumoured, and the Havelocks no that. They really want Kus to stay at Redcar, hence the reason for asking silly money. This is why it is important to a riders livelyhood that the BSPA should intervene with arbitration.

That's as maybe, but why would anyone want to keep a rider to ride for them who has handed in a transfer request and, therefore, doesn't want to ride for them? Seems daft to me.

That's as maybe, but why would anyone want to keep a rider to ride for them who has handed in a transfer request and, therefore, doesn't want to ride for them? Seems daft to me.

i would agree, however Kus is apparently bessies with one of the new sponsors so maybe he can be persuaded to stay, not that all Bears fans actually want that!

Then, to put it simply, why put an unrealistic figure on the purchase of a rider, other than out of spite, if we can't hve him then no one else can.

• Like 2

Then, to put it simply, why put an unrealistic figure on the purchase of a rider, other than out of spite, if we can't hve him then no one else can.

My point exactly.

It does seem daft, but folk have run-ins with their bosses all the time and the toys often come out of the pram :(,,,

I hate my bosses at times and vice versa,,, sometimes I don't want to be there, but I turn up and do what i'm paid to do, and not much extra, as little as possible really :),,,

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

It does seem daft, but folk have run-ins with their bosses all the time and the toys often come out of the pram :(,,,

I hate my bosses at times and vice versa,,, sometimes I don't want to be there, but I turn up and do what i'm paid to do, and not much extra, as little as possible really :),,,

as much as the bears management do to actually promote their own club then. Run by wa..... and watched by w********** until they see sense and chuck him. Joking aside, how many fans over all our leagues just 'shut up' lest the 'plug be pulled' and speedway is lost in their community. For all their faults, be they single person based or not, they have the business acumen necessary to continue to promote speedway. Can we afford to expunge the 'aging dinosaur' who at least keeps a club 'alive' merely to unearth the 'fossil' a decade down the road bemoaning how yet another club was lost to our beloved sport.

as much as the bears management do to actually promote their own club then. Run by wa..... and watched by w********** until they see sense and chuck him. Joking aside, how many fans over all our leagues just 'shut up' lest the 'plug be pulled' and speedway is lost in their community. For all their faults, be they single person based or not, they have the business acumen necessary to continue to promote speedway. Can we afford to expunge the 'aging dinosaur' who at least keeps a club 'alive' merely to unearth the 'fossil' a decade down the road bemoaning how yet another club was lost to our beloved sport.

Actually he is only a minority shareholder, so if he departed it might well not be the end of the road.

Actually he is only a minority shareholder, so if he departed it might well not be the end of the road.

But he does hold the promoters licence

But he does hold the promoters licence

So what? The directors could appoint anyone with some background knowledge to that.

So what? The directors could appoint anyone with some background knowledge to that.

You mean they could apply to become a promoter and go through the process of being accepted (or rejected) by the BSPA.

You mean they could apply to become a promoter and go through the process of being accepted (or rejected) by the BSPA.

What I mean is that you don't have to own a club to be named as promoter, the owners might decide to appoint someone as promoter or even have joint promoters. So if for instance BH decided to retire and his shares were bought up, the shareholders would then decide who was to be named as promoter.

What I mean is that you don't have to own a club to be named as promoter, the owners might decide to appoint someone as promoter or even have joint promoters. So if for instance BH decided to retire and his shares were bought up, the shareholders would then decide who was to be named as promoter.

They already have another licensed promoter among their directors.

• Like 1

so could tom , dick or harry become a promoter ?

• Like 1