British Speedway Forum
oleoleole

British Tv Rights For Sgp & Swc ?

I cancelled Sky Sports a few months ago, as I think it became a waste of money, so I'm not about to take out a new contract with BT. I enjoy watching cycling and speedway on British Eurosport, but if there's no speedway then so be it. IMO, more viewers will be lost, which won't do the sport any favours.

• Like 1

People moaning about paying to watch. Got to laugh. You expect it free ? Stop being tight and pay to watch your sport.

I hope Scott & Andy Jaye remain in a job. Enjoyed them.

Edited by marky

I cancelled Sky Sports a few months ago, as I think it became a waste of money, so I'm not about to take out a new contract with BT. I enjoy watching cycling and speedway on British Eurosport, but if there's no speedway then so be it. IMO, more viewers will be lost, which won't do the sport any favours.

Like i said, they ain't doing so well with the pay per Euro footie matches as they would have hoped for. Endless advertising tells you that. So really they will be cutting there own throats with Speedway.. Think of the many pubs that have not long re subscribed to Sky package and sports, this is a real kick up the backside for them. Its all money in a world of grab grab grab.

Unless speedway is on ITV you pay for it. Minority sport so be pleased you can watch it. It doesn't cost much.,

Unless speedway is on ITV you pay for it. Minority sport so be pleased you can watch it. It doesn't cost much.,

Are you for real? Try reading the thread to understand what has been posted. It will cost Sky subscribers £20 a month EXTRA to watch the GP's and that is a huge increase on the already extortionate price for having Sky Sports.

• Like 2

Just watch gp on YouTube next day but don't look for results beforehand.😯

Hopefully still watch SEC and Euro Pairs on Eurosport along with Swedish stuff on the app.

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

Just watch gp on YouTube next day but don't look for results beforehand.😯

Hopefully still watch SEC and Euro Pairs on Eurosport along with Swedish stuff on the app.

Not quite the same for people!! Never mind, just as long as BSI have got a good deal!

Are you for real? Try reading the thread to understand what has been posted. It will cost Sky subscribers £20 a month EXTRA to watch the GP's and that is a huge increase on the already extortionate price for having Sky Sports.

I suggest you haven't been reading thread. There have been posts that explain how you can get BT Sport on the Sky platform for £5 a month. Or you can even watch it for free on the app if you know someone with BT Sport. If fans really don't want to miss it and have Sky just change your broadband provider its not difficult. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

just change your broadband provider its not difficult.

Well apart from the fact that BT don't dish out 16 static IP addresses...

Niamh

I suggest you haven't been reading thread. There have been posts that explain how you can get BT Sport on the Sky platform for £5 a month. Or you can even watch it for free on the app if you know someone with BT Sport. If fans really don't want to miss it and have Sky just change your broadband provider its not difficult.

I have been reading the thread...

The point is that I or nobody else should need to change broadband provider. I have free Sky broadband so why would I change to BT to pay for it and then add another fiver on top!?!

For the record I do have access to BT Sport on my laptop, however watching on 14" screen isn't quite the same as a 50" HD tellybox with cinema surround sound is it? Yes I can plug the Laptop into the telly using a HDMI cable, but I am infrequently able to watch the GP's live and have to wait until our littlun' has gone to bed. So, it's not as black and white for all of us!!!

Edited by chris4gillian

This might be of use to someone ....

Just went on SKY website and in My Account section, clicked on "thinking of canceling SKY" to enquire about when my contract ends.

Live chat - lady asked if she call me.

She did right away.

Advised her I wanted Speedway GP next year and therefore BT was only option.

She knocked £18 off my monthly bill if I signed up for another 12 months.

In her words, to allow me to get BT Sport.

Happy days.

Just thought I should add as obviously the GP series does not start for another 5 months or so I would suggest at present that people don't make any knee jerk reactions with tv and broadband providers give it a couple of months.

I am unable to say too much about this due to legal reasons but Sky will be launching a revolutionary new service and box on 18 th November that will change the whole way that you watch tv in the home and on the go.

To counteract Sky's new product I am pretty confident that you will see some deals from BT sport and broadband as they can just not match this new Sky product and with making such big financial commitments to tv rights Eg Champions league,Ashes,premiership football and rugby,moto Gp and Speedway they do need to sign more customers and realise that not all potential customers will switch their phone and broadband.

All I can say at present is watch this space as negotiations are still ongoing as Sky want to offer BT sport to their customers on a wholesale basis like they did with ESPN and how Virgin do with BT if this can be agreed the price will drop to probably around £10 a month basis but I also expect that to be discounted if you take all entertainment,sports and movies pack with Sky to be on Par with what BT charge

• Like 1

I suppose we will be expected to pay yet a further subscription for the privelege. The whole thing stinks

As with all subscriptions, nobody is forcing you to keep Sky Sports. Its a case of weighing up what you really want to watch and trying to find a solution for your budget.

• Like 2

As with all subscriptions, nobody is forcing you to keep Sky Sports. Its a case of weighing up what you really want to watch and trying to find a solution for your budget.

But we're being 'forced' (as you put it) to change broadband provider or to shell out £20 more. There are 2 sides to things.