British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

The Beginning Of The End Of The Nl

Chopper it says it all. Like they said no rules in how riders travel from a to b or are they going to police that next year. Cheaper to fly rob makes sense. If you had to pay for a van plus fuel plus wages for rider and mechanic then to fly makes sense.

This is the start to the new NL

Add the price of flights for perks return flight (£1300) then divide it by 20 meetings is £65 then plus the internal fuel money to get to meetings would be more expensive then Spillers flights.

I think open and swallow comments while eating humble pie xxxx

Edited by catinthehat

Its not the 1960s anymore. You get dirt cheap flights to and from England these days.

Edited by Ben91

It's more a sad indictment of the teams need to win ( and please. No rubbish about pleasing sponsors ) than the death of the NL.

it's also a mockery of the English only rule. At least BWD moved here for the season, he's trading on his English grandparents but commited the year to being here.

He'd hardly be able to fly in and out

When I team flyes in a rider at midday to race in a NL meeting then flyes him out again next morning what the hell is the NL coming to,

Do you think Kings Lynn really paid £10pp to Robert Lambert. These people sign as assets and make the club a lot of money. How much do you think Peterborough are paying to use him. It's business

He'd hardly be able to fly in and out

Do you think Kings Lynn really paid £10pp to Robert Lambert. These people sign as assets and make the club a lot of money. How much do you think Peterborough are paying to use him. It's business

nothing !! peterborough sacked him..

• Like 1

nothing !! peterborough sacked him..

I didn't know that. Thought he was injured. The Team Lambert style didn't go down too well at PB then

I would imagine Spiller's journey is easier than that of say Chris Julian who lived in Cornwall and rode for Glasgow

(in 1964 I think)

if we just stick to eastbourne this year spiller probably gets from home to arlington in less time than ben hopwood who travels down from the manchester area i think, anyone would think he's parachuting in courtesy of the luftwaffe it's just jealousy and the more silverware they win the more envious and spiteful some people get . can't wait to read all the venom when they fly ethan in as well as daniel . what moaning will they be doing about tom brennan perhaps he'll be living too close ?

No one can live closer then David Mason, they were thinking of flying him in but by the time the plane took off it had to land again.

you can see the stadium lights from his kitchen :t: dave cant see them unless he stands on a Box "Sorry DAVID"

No one can live closer then David Mason, they were thinking of flying him in but by the time the plane took off it had to land again.

you can see the stadium lights from his kitchen :t: dave cant see them unless he stands on a Box "Sorry DAVID"

Just had to get to the end of the runway lol Edited by Alex2000

Good job Buxton weren't flying Robert Branford in when he rode for them, with all of that fog and mist around High Edge he probably would have got diverted to Prestwick!