British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spencebel

Tai Visa Issues

To get this right both Tai's parents were Australian citizens but he wasn't

Depends if they applied for it or not. They wouldn't get it automatically.

Because it's British immigration authorities duties to pay attention to anyone who wants to enter the UK, especially if those who want to enter also want work in the UK.

It appears British immigration has a lot more to worry about than a few Aussie blokes riding motorbikes for a few quid. :neutral:

its not tai that has the issue, its one of his support team.

a sportsperson entering for a major event would have no issues unless they had serious criminal convictions (and being denied entry to aussie becausecyou were a convict is quite ironic)

• Like 1

a sportsperson entering for a major event would have no issues unless they had serious criminal convictions (and being denied entry to aussie becausecyou were a convict is quite ironic)

Are you sure it's not because they *don't* have a criminal conviction... ;)

• Like 3

its not tai that has the issue, its one of his support team.

We dont allow people in boats to land here any more. Woofy will be fine, so long as he flies in.

So he doesn't have Permanent Residency from way back?

I doubt it. Once you have permanent residency you are eligible for citizenship.

So the same criteria would apply.

That's how it is in the UK anyway.

I doubt it. Once you have permanent residency you are eligible for citizenship.

Not quite. You have to be a permanent resident for at least two years (and have resided in Australia for at least four) and spend a certain amount of time in the country in the 2(?) years before your application for citizenship.

I could well imagine a speedway rider plying their trade in Europe would not fulfill the residency requirement.

ECHOING Michael Parkinson's famous line ... when asked by Australian immigration whether he had a criminal conviction he replied: "I didn't realise you needed one to get into Australia anymore."

• Like 2

Not quite. You have to be a permanent resident for at least two years (and have resided in Australia for at least four) and spend a certain amount of time in the country in the 2(?) years before your application for citizenship.I could well imagine a speedway rider plying their trade in Europe would not fulfill the residency requirement.

That's pretty much the same criteria as I quoted, but it has the added requirement that you need to be over 16.

Tai left at 15, which is where he would have fallen short of the requirement.

All jokes aside is this just a wind up?!!

• Like 1