British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

The contract to buy and the price has been agreed 2 years ago!! MF says in the Star that sometimes its to a club's advantage for a rider to remain on another club's asset list. Apparantly in the PL, clubs are required to have a certain level of value - including the value of assets.

I'm not sure what it means but that's what it says!!

isnt it the case that without a certain level of assests that a promotion has to lodge a larger cash bond in case of default on their liabilities.
  • Like 1

isnt it the case that without a certain level of assests that a promotion has to lodge a larger cash bond in case of default on their liabilities.

That's correct. If their current bond (including assets) doesn't reach an agreed total, the promotion has to top it up. I don't know Somerset's current asset-base, but taking Brady Kurtz out would leave a very big hole -- and the club might have to use some of the fee to underwrite the extra top-up.

If it is desirable Kurtz stays as a Rebels' asset until (perhaps) Jake Allen can be added as a replacement, good business all round -- Poole have the rider on a use-now-pay-later basis, Rebels don't need to lodge an extra bond.

npower are looking for a sponsor.

Does any1 know why Rohan and Bradley werent at practice last night? How did the new lads get on

Bradley was there. He said on Facebook

Bradley was definately there, and looked quick too

Never take notice of how riders look going around solo.

• Like 4

Never take notice of how riders look going around solo.

Were you there shads, Do you know he was going around solo? I heard this morning it sounds like he done most of his riding with Brady, Charles, was told he followed josh for 2 laps and josh couldn't get away from him

• Like 1

Were you there shads, Do you know he was going around solo? I heard this morning it sounds like he done most of his riding with Brady, Charles, was told he followed josh for 2 laps and josh couldn't get away from him

Was it an official race?

It was a practice night not racing I believe? Unsure because I wasnt there chris.

I've been going to p & p's for many years and have yet to see a rider deliberately try to overtake a team mate. They usually keep a decent distance, which is understandable.

I do think BWD is a decent rider though. The OTA track should suit him

Edited by Shads

I was there and I can confirm this. Bradley looked very sharp and in control, very polished riding, but as said laterally the proof will come when he's at the tapes inline with three others !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards

Be interesting to see how this side gets on.

Few big gambles in there.