British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

Can't you just log into the website and leave your comments online?

The comments from Michael Dibley are worth reading. What an absolute nobby nobhead he must be http://pa.midkent.gov.uk/online-applications/files/4E9182D4FEA9014429063F4292CCE0AE/pdf/15_510605_FULL-Michael_Dibley-3401366.pdf

I've just been on google maps and from where he lives to the stadium there is a thick treeline followed by a field and more trees and then some houses. I think he's got his hearing aid set to high if it's that annoying him. Yes you can probably hear it but it's unlikely to be concentrated noise over the distance it has to travel. Edited by Al3x200
  • Like 3

Can't you just log into the website and leave your comments online?

The comments from Michael Dibley are worth reading. What an absolute nobby nobhead he must be http://pa.midkent.gov.uk/online-applications/files/4E9182D4FEA9014429063F4292CCE0AE/pdf/15_510605_FULL-Michael_Dibley-3401366.pdf

Some people just are not happy unless they have something to moan about.

Reading the comments who are against is just so petty.

Like not being able to sit in their garden or open their windows ?????

A race lasts 60 odd secs,just 15 odd races,once a week.

I live a few miles from Brands Hatch and you can hear the racing some meetings when the wind is in the right direction.

So what !

Get a life train spotters.

• Like 2

Some people just are not happy unless they have something to moan about.

Reading the comments who are against is just so petty.

Like not being able to sit in their garden or open their windows ?????

A race lasts 60 odd secs,just 15 odd races,once a week.

I live a few miles from Brands Hatch and you can hear the racing some meetings when the wind is in the right direction.

So what !

Get a life train spotters.

Oddly enough, exactly the same comments were made when Birmingham applied for permanent planning permission in 2010. Until noise monitoring took place; it was found that with the new silencers, the speedway was inaudible!

I know most kings fans tend to avoid the BSF and stick to our own fan forums but very Suprised nothing has been posted about yesterday.

The whole kent side attended practice at SITRA'S Iwade training track.

The surface was pretty tricky earlier on but got better as the day went on.

1. Bowen looked classy and comfortable all day, hard to judge his speed as when riding a bike looks so easy it makes them appear slower.

2. Clifton after 2 falls in his first run looked classy and up there with the fastest guys.

3. Ayres looked fast again all day and tried out various lines, very influential in the pits too.

4. Magic looked very good on the bike especially riding the tricky kerb Line, less so in the dirt. Spent much of his track time dialling in his starts which were dynamite. Also came onto the track to coach the 2 reserves which is immense to see.

5. Shanes, both most stylish and indeed comfortably fastest all day, enjoyed himself that much he also had a spin as passenger on a sidecar with Chris Neame later in the day.

6. Verge looked so far improved it was scary and on yesterday's evidence and previous practices this could well be his year. Certainly expect him to put a few points on his average in what is a far stronger year then last.

7. Thomas was by the end of the day nearly as fast as the heat leaders, also feel he has a few characteristics of Mr Kent Ben Morley.

Overall a day that's really boosted my enthusiasm and optimism. Roll on Friday.

• Like 3

Would wish to stress teaboy279 that riding in practice terms is different to having two opposition riders and your own teammate going for the same piece of track. Friday will give us a true realization of where we may be headed. The team has room for improvement pointswise, let us hope that those improvements are achieved.

Completely agree mate, and tbf the 3 meetings next weekend are all also training sessions but with riders.

But the day certainly filled me with confidence.

• Like 1

Have Kent given up on getting a No 8 ?

I know it is hard to find a rider that can come into the team and make an impact.

Season very close now,

Have Kent given up on getting a No 8 ?

I know it is hard to find a rider that can come into the team and make an impact.

Season very close now,

Not sure if Kent will bother with one this year? They aren't required within the rules so i guess they will just book someone if required. With the curfew as it is i would imagine its pretty hard to get a rider to come along and stand around all evening with the uncertainty of even being able to get a few practice laps in at the end.

Matt Saul was last years number 8 but i don't recall him ever getting a ride anyway.

Well done to the Kent Kings, Eagles beaten by a what looked like a much better prepared team. Eagles had all the bad luck in both meetings, but that's speedway, whats goes round comes round. A few of the Eagles that are left will have to up their game a bit if they are to achieve anything like last year. Time for a Spiller perhaps !

I think it's time for a spiller. Besides he's good at mugging of Len silver as well! Some of you will know what I mean!

Spiller for hopwood and a new number 1 with a reserve switch for Powell.

I think Kent have a very good chance of winning the league this season and I thought verge was very good compared to last season! Only thing I will say is Andrews had the better of Clifton as I predicted and Bowen was beaten by Knight which was a great race! By the end of yesterday I was almost buying Kent merchandise and making a team swap.... I'll give it another week!

I think it's time for a spiller. Besides he's good at mugging of Len silver as well! Some of you will know what I mean!

Spiller for hopwood and a new number 1 with a reserve switch for Powell.

I think Kent have a very good chance of winning the league this season and I thought verge was very good compared to last season! Only thing I will say is Andrews had the better of Clifton as I predicted and Bowen was beaten by Knight which was a great race! By the end of yesterday I was almost buying Kent merchandise and making a team swap.... I'll give it another week!

Pathetic man!!!

Jeez one day couple of defeats and you wanna change everyting - support your club and those that put heart n soul in

Typcial one good year in nl and ya think you have a divine right to win get real!

Pathetic man!!!

Jeez one day couple of defeats and you wanna change everyting - support your club and those that put heart n soul in

Typcial one good year in nl and ya think you have a divine right to win get real!

God almighty you are irritating aren't you it was a joke I wouldn't change who I support ever..... I don't think we have a right to win but I think Connor got a bit complacent with the unknowns he thinks will do well because he picked them. I think we should have done better . Edited by Al3x200

Surely this was only the opening contest, I am sure that the Eagles bottom end will settle and improve. As for Kent, yes Danno had a confidence boosting day. Very impressed with Jack Thomas, will reserve opinion on Luke Clifton as that number two position takes its toll on the incumbent. A difficult spot to hold down and as Luke is only just returning he has a lot to hold down.

Edited by rebel1