British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

It was having three three pointers that really hurt Kent in 2015. If they use two in 2016 and one can kick on then they will be more competitive.

Possibly strengthening the middle order with riders likely to add a point or so would be a good thing!

Possibly strengthening the middle order with riders likely to add a point or so would be a good thing!

we currently have no middle order, that is the problem!

It was having three three pointers that really hurt Kent in 2015. If they use two in 2016 and one can kick on then they will be more competitive.

I don't think it was having 3 x 3 pointers it was more who they were. None of them kicked on and improved at any stage. To be fair the reserves only found out they had a place at the press and practice day and even then the order was changed.

Until Len gets a better grasp of who is doing what in the MDL / junior championships Kent are always going to struggle to find 3 point gems.

• Like 2

No middle order may be a bit hash as the top 4 did their job, it was the fact that a 3 point rider had to fill the number two slot. Aaron was the only experienced rider who could have filled that spot. Sadly of the 3 x 3 pointers none were up to it, though Danno was the likeliest to have succeeded. It was really tough on Jamie expecting him to fill the spot with any success. Adam to my mind should have added to his score but sadly it was not to be. The blame not only rests with Len, but also with Roger and Chris, they should all be aware of the bright youngsters. The real problem rests with riders availability and an 18:30 start may be restrictive for many. It is easy to slate and apportion blame but much harder to actually do the job. We need lads who really wish to ride for the club and a couple more James Shanes' may be what we need.

I don't think it was having 3 x 3 pointers it was more who they were. None of them kicked on and improved at any stage. To be fair the reserves only found out they had a place at the press and practice day and even then the order was changed.

Until Len gets a better grasp of who is doing what in the MDL / junior championships Kent are always going to struggle to find 3 point gems.

Sorry I should have said three three pointers come the end of the season. Think they got caught out by naming riders before the points limit was announced too. It could be argued changes should have been made before Ayres' average went up too and they didn't come. Hopefully the Kings will get a couple of decent reserves in next season.

• Like 2

No middle order may be a bit hash as the top 4 did their job, it was the fact that a 3 point rider had to fill the number two slot. Aaron was the only experienced rider who could have filled that spot. Sadly of the 3 x 3 pointers none were up to it, though Danno was the likeliest to have succeeded. It was really tough on Jamie expecting him to fill the spot with any success. Adam to my mind should have added to his score but sadly it was not to be. The blame not only rests with Len, but also with Roger and Chris, they should all be aware of the bright youngsters. The real problem rests with riders availability and an 18:30 start may be restrictive for many. It is easy to slate and apportion blame but much harder to actually do the job. We need lads who really wish to ride for the club and a couple more James Shanes' may be what we need.

I love Baseby - he is a perfect number 2 - his carried forward average was the problem. We had no support for our top 4 and i don't think our reserves won a NL home heat 2 all season.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Kent is way out in the sticks, the wrong side of London; no MDL rider is going to want to go there. Don't forget that they don't even get expenses! What they need to do is organise a Southern Junior League with Iwade and Rye House, and possibly Eastbourne, or any extinct clubs as per Milton Keynes.

I love Baseby - he is a perfect number 2 - his carried forward average was the problem. We had no support for our top 4 and i don't think our reserves won a NL home heat 2 all season.

Heat 8 was the other heat that the home team needed to win and in 2014 we often gained a 5 - 1, not so this past season.

Now Lens at Kent, maybe Steve Boxall will join.

The points limit would have to go up a long way to accommodate Boxall. It would leave Kent with a very long tail with Boxall, Ayres & hopefully Shanes in the side. If Kent were going to use a high average number 1 id much rather have Morley over Boxall. Far more reliable in terms of performances, machinery & attitude.

As good as Steve Boxall was in 2013 I feel we should persevere with our own riders with an emphasis on raising the lower order and having progression throughout the team. Do what the league was intended to do, nurture lads through to the premier league and further.

• Like 1

It seems sensible to start this now. Shall we work with a 38.00 points limit? I wonder if Ben Morley will now become a Kent asset or will he move to Rye House for good?

I'd be very surprised if Rob Branford is back with the Raiders after the way he's been treated (if what's been said on other threads has any substance). The Raiders will be looking for a new number one

I'd be very surprised if Rob Branford is back with the Raiders after the way he's been treated (if what's been said on other threads has any substance). The Raiders will be looking for a new number one

well he won't be coming to arlington the southern sea air makes him want to fight everyone :wink:

• Like 1

well he won't be coming to arlington the southern sea air makes him want to fight everyone :wink:

Wow! Global warming has hit Sussex hard. Last time I was at Arlington it was 6 miles from the coast

As good as Steve Boxall was in 2013 I feel we should persevere with our own riders with an emphasis on raising the lower order and having progression throughout the team. Do what the league was intended to do, nurture lads through to the premier league and further.

i do think there are some riders about who need to realise that they are not cut out for speedway, no matter how many rides they have.