British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Just out of interest how is signing for Kent as number 8 going to do him any good? I mean you are only allowed to use your stadium once a week and there is barely ever time after the meeting to have a ride. Tbh he could have done worse than sign for somewhere like Rye or Eastbourne which gives him more track time.

Completely agree. My point about Kent signing him was more about how out of touch they are. He needs plenty of laps and / or a season in the MDL to progress. A few laps after the meeting at Kent if he's lucky will be pretty fruitless.

Number 8's are seldom used anyway and as there have been no changes in the rules about them its another opportunity to develop riders further wasted.

• Like 1

Hopefully he will do the MDL isn't there a training track somewhere that Len silver has something to do with or is that me going mad?

Iwade that's it. But that won't help them ride their own track

Hopefully he will do the MDL isn't there a training track somewhere that Len silver has something to do with or is that me going mad?

Iwade that's it. But that won't help them ride their own track

All laps are good laps but MDL or amateur racing is what's needed to hone skills, get a decent marker of how good you are and most importantly develop the skills required when things go wrong, a talent sadly lacking in many new riders.

Iwade is a very good little track to learn to ride on basebys will tell you that

They do really well in the GPs.

No disrespect but other than Brennan and bickley what other kids do you see that are going to take on the likes of pawlicki brothers when they were 16 or the Brady Kurtz etc from around the world British youth has 2/3 riders that will go past NL reserve level and that's it

Lewis Bridger & rob Lambert are the only two I can remember if recent that have walked into an elite league team after a handful of expirence at nl level

Brennan and Bickley, The Thompson Twins, The McGurks, Anders Rowe to name a few. Not tipping these names to go on to world level but all capable of getting past NL reserve.

Not all champions are ready at 16. Im fed up with the theory that if you haven't made it by 20 you never will. What is wrong with giving riders time to progress & learn their skills so that when the time comes to step onto the bigger stages they are fully prepared.

• Like 3

Until they've all sat on a 500cc no one can predict then to be world beaters. It's just amazing that Poland Denmark Sweden and Australia are producing these riders at such a young age. Do Australia have a league dedicated to just Australians to race like our NL? They have to come over to the pl on a 5 which is obviously harder than the NL

No disrespect but other than Brennan and bickley what other kids do you see that are going to take on the likes of pawlicki brothers when they were 16 or the Brady Kurtz etc from around the world British youth has 2/3 riders that will go past NL reserve level and that's it

it would help if the powers that be started to help with some funding to bring on the next brits.Stop filling there back pockets and support niel vatchers great work with the U21,U19 and U16's.

Just putting it out there that Saul Bulley has ridden Eastbourne a few times including what looks like last years P&P or open practise session. Also looks like he has links with Somerset who Eastbourne seem to be linking with at the moment. https://www.facebook.com/BDMC-Racing-816508375073015/?ref=profile

I believe he is 15 maybe 16. Although I didn't think much of him last year at the championship of sussex I think it was I wouldn't be surprised if he is a possibility.

Until they've all sat on a 500cc no one can predict then to be world beaters. It's just amazing that Poland Denmark Sweden and Australia are producing these riders at such a young age. Do Australia have a league dedicated to just Australians to race like our NL? They have to come over to the pl on a 5 which is obviously harder than the NL

Didn't you just contradict your own point there??

• Like 1

Strudwick is in the USA, he has gone out there to ride and see if he can mix it up with them, America run 3 different levels of racing, division 1, being the better one and 3 being the lower one, i think that Niall should be in division 1 in the meeting that will show you that the standard of racing, one of the Dugards went to the states a few years ago and he went on to win the division 3 meeting and he has never raced a bike before.

So lets see how Niall does wish him all the Luck i would hope with the standard out there that he should be in the top 3. you can follow him on Twitter