British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Well we can safely say Nielsen was going to be new number 1 but Plymouth reopening ballsed it all up

• Like 1

mmm I think it had to be Nielsen as well as they made all the moves in that direction, I guess now in everyones books is that who would have expected Plymouth to reopen with the state of speedway, but who is to say that Eastbourne can carry on running a Guest for the time being until something comes to mind, Plymouth is good news for the sport but not for the Eagles, So lets look at what else can happen, Hurry is a go but not sure what his average is converted, Roynon also, and Jacobs but saying that jacobs was not very good at Kings Lynn the other day.

is there something to say you get an extra 10% on the average for a guest or a number 1 has someone said that to me to make me think again?

Hope not as Rob didn't look tonight at lakeside.

So Hopwood will just be reinstated. Lesson to be learnt here is to not make announcements before deals are finalised if Nielsen being lined up before Plymouth's rescue is indeed the case.

If it has to be, by the first green sheet changes Jake Knight will probably be our No 1 and will move on to be one, Ben back to 5 and Ellis Perks at 3, although forced up on us still a capable team to at worst get in the top 4 and then who knows! Ben and Connor don't seem to have burnt their bridges, but would have to give Ben the backing to stay. In this league injuries seem to play a big part as last year, so who knows what the situation will be in a couple of months anyway.

Anyone know how Hughes is as I don't have Facebook and he doesn't seem to do Twitter and the club haven't given us an update? He could be back in 6 weeks so run r/r for him and once Knight is at 1 he will come back at 5 if he wants to....

Anyone know how Hughes is as I don't have Facebook and he doesn't seem to do Twitter and the club haven't given us an update? He could be back in 6 weeks so run r/r for him and once Knight is at 1 he will come back at 5 if he wants to....

Maybe whether he wants to ride again this year also. Still looks to be a few possibilities though and no dought some we haven't thought of, although beginning to look a bit limited.

mmm I think it had to be Nielsen as well as they made all the moves in that direction, I guess now in everyones books is that who would have expected Plymouth to reopen with the state of speedway, but who is to say that Eastbourne can carry on running a Guest for the time being until something comes to mind, Plymouth is good news for the sport but not for the Eagles, So lets look at what else can happen, Hurry is a go but not sure what his average is converted, Roynon also, and Jacobs but saying that jacobs was not very good at Kings Lynn the other day.

is there something to say you get an extra 10% on the average for a guest or a number 1 has someone said that to me to make me think again?

You get an extra 5% added to a riders average if you want a guest for a home meeting. However that only applies in the EL and PL, and not the NL.

Hope not as Rob didn't look tonight at lakeside.

What!!!

Ive kept quite man but c'mon

Mear has a poor meeting (in your opinion :wink: ) in the EL and you decide he isnt good enuff to ride in the NL

Your lack of speedway knowlege is staggering man lol

• Like 1

Rob has too many commitments with the Long track, and Grass track as i asked him if he was interested in the NL but he said no, Rob didnt have a good night at Lakeside i said he didnt look good at lakeside but even Rob on a bad day is still worth 10 points in the NL.

But have to say its good that Eastbourne are willing to make changes and have done but it looks like Kent are going to be the team to beat at the moment.

Kings Lynn away wednesday should be a good one of us.

Rob has too many commitments with the Long track, and Grass track as i asked him if he was interested in the NL but he said no, Rob didnt have a good night at Lakeside i said he didnt look good at lakeside but even Rob on a bad day is still worth 10 points in the NL.

But have to say its good that Eastbourne are willing to make changes and have done but it looks like Kent are going to be the team to beat at the moment.

Kings Lynn away wednesday should be a good one of us.

The problem is he can't make changes now as he's limited on options as to weather he can find a number 1 or not and if he can't he could have just made the team a whole lot weaker.....

well what happes if Jake goes to number 1 are they still allowed a guest for Hughes if his average is lower then jake? is it only a guest for your number 1

Edited by catinthehat