British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Yeah not sure how he fits, isn't it a 10 + average.

Unless they have dumped someone?

he Eastbourne 'IT First Eagles' can now confirm that they have rebuilt their team for the 2016 season having only completed one league meeting.

The Eagles management were forced into the changes after club number 1 Kyle Hughes broke his ankle in a horrible crash at Arlington on the dawn of the season. If this wasn't enough bad news the team were then dealt even worse luck when club Captain Richard Andrews hit the back wheel of Kent rider James Shanes. After a week resting his arm Richard went to the A&E again and was informed he had a broken scaphoid.

Leaving club director Connor Dugard in an even harder situation having already dropped Ben Hopwood days before to make way for a potential number 1. The club had signed Ellis Perks to replace Hopwood giving the side an extra 0.86 to gain a higher averaged number 1 to replace Kyle.

Today the club can confirm that Adam Ellis will join the Eagles as the clubs new number 1! Adam who has been scoring very highly in the nations top league is a brilliant addition to the seaside club!

Connor said: "Adam was the man to complete the puzzle he was the rider I first enquired about and after a bit of time he wanted to join the club! He was by far the best visitor last year and it's great to have him join us! I must extend our thanks to Matt Ford at Poole and Jon Cook at Lakeside for letting us use Adam."

Adam said "I'm really excited to be joining Eastbourne. They do the business on and off the track and I'm looking forward to joining them."

Good stuff. He flew last year. Even BWD could barely touch him.

Did not see that coming.

Well flip my biscuits i didn't see that one coming. Outstanding signing. Ok he isn't going to put a lot on his average but he will deliver solid point in all but a few meetings.

Thought he was just doing EL and continental stuff this year but perhaps the offer was just too strong?

I would say that makes the best top 4 in the league now? (ok 2nd best)

But who will replace Andrews?

Edited by Sings4Kings

How much they got left to replace Andrews?

Also do these changes affect Saturday nights meeting? If they have had to un-declare Andrews can they have RR for a non existent rider?

never mind a rabbit out of a hat that's a david blaine or dynamo size trick, i'm stunned. it fits in with the riders who turned connor down thinking it was a backward step though when you think about it, i wonder how much more it took to change his mind. i think the eagles and kent look much more equal now , although not sure about r/r still ,will be interesting on saturday. if i remember right in 2 meetings at arlington the only win bwd had against ellis was when ellis broke down when he was leading? nobody else did that not even on their home tracks. chuffed doesn't even cover it , nice one connor :t:

I hope he enjoys being paid £10 a point. Oh wait....

think by the look of It you've lost a "0" on the end of that :D

Unfortunantly Ellis isn't starting until next Saturday!

never mind a rabbit out of a hat that's a david blaine or dynamo size trick, i'm stunned. it fits in with the riders who turned connor down thinking it was a backward step though when you think about it, i wonder how much more it took to change his mind. i think the eagles and kent look much more equal now , although not sure about r/r still ,will be interesting on saturday. if i remember right in 2 meetings at arlington the only win bwd had against ellis was when ellis broke down when he was leading? nobody else did that not even on their home tracks. chuffed doesn't even cover it , nice one connor :t:

Will be interesting next Saturday when he makes his debut. This week you will have to rely on Dan Greenwood keeping the Kings quiet. Couldn't have come at a better time for the Kent team :D .

I guess you must have released Andrews to fit Ellis in also so can't run R/R? Either another signing or unattached 3 pointer i guess? Strudders?

That's a cracking signing for Eastbourne, with home track advantage the Eagles are always going to be in the upper echelons of the league table but this will undoubtedly see them challenging for top spot now and not just the playoffs as I think had been largely predicted in the summer. Fair play, looking forward to seeing him competing against Zach at Perry Barr later in the season assuming he's still there.

Will be interesting next Saturday when he makes his debut. This week you will have to rely on Dan Greenwood keeping the Kings quiet. Couldn't have come at a better time for the Kent team :D .

I guess you must have released Andrews to fit Ellis in also so can't run R/R? Either another signing or unattached 3 pointer i guess? Strudders?

oh sugar . that's dampened my enthusiasm :cry:

Edited by gee jay