British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

But if you was sensible about it look at it this way. Run the NL meeting first as the track would not have got pulled to bits by the NL riders as much. Then the Recar team would have more time to get to Rye House and people could do what they needed to do and run the meeting later for the PL, run the NL meeting at 2pm and the second meeting at 7pm under lights as i am sure it looks better, Grab the money from the Nl meeting as thats done and dusted then empty the staduim for the PL match and the local people would still come for the night meeting when the track would have been much better.

That's not true, 15 heats of speedway is 15 heats of speedway, there'd be a blue groove still after the first meeting.

• Like 2

My very own stalker, how exciting

your not that lucky :party:

That's not true, 15 heats of speedway is 15 heats of speedway, there'd be a blue groove still after the first meeting.

Yes 15 heats of speedway plus 15 heats of speedway is 30. ok look at it this way. would the track go down to a blue groove in a Nl meeting on most meetings at Rye House? No

so means that the NL boys and most of them are not racing the bikes as fast, (agreed) powell, harris, locke, leek, bowdry, not putting the rubber on the floor, means less rubber, means less chance of a blue groove. (Correct)

Means that track prep can be done and put back to a better state, Since the track has been relaid this winter nobody can say about the blue groove when it will appear and when the original kerb shows going into turn 3 down to the base shows there is not enough material on it at the moment. (Agreed)

mmm your thinking i know a lot thats because i do my homework and no what i am talking about, Also only having 2 members of staff who then helped rake the material back in off the fence for the second meeting was also a bit of a lack of support for the NL meeting and track staff.

but hey hoe we have all moved on since then. just little things that have come to attension and voiced quite clearly.

your not that lucky :party:

Yes 15 heats of speedway plus 15 heats of speedway is 30. ok look at it this way. would the track go down to a blue groove in a Nl meeting on most meetings at Rye House? No

so means that the NL boys and most of them are not racing the bikes as fast, (agreed) powell, harris, locke, leek, bowdry, not putting the rubber on the floor, means less rubber, means less chance of a blue groove. (Correct)

Means that track prep can be done and put back to a better state, Since the track has been relaid this winter nobody can say about the blue groove when it will appear and when the original kerb shows going into turn 3 down to the base shows there is not enough material on it at the moment. (Agreed)

mmm your thinking i know a lot thats because i do my homework and no what i am talking about, Also only having 2 members of staff who then helped rake the material back in off the fence for the second meeting was also a bit of a lack of support for the NL meeting and track staff.

but hey hoe we have all moved on since then. just little things that have come to attension and voiced quite clearly.

PL riders being more skilled will use more lines than NL riders who will stick to one line meanining more rubber on one part of the track in the NL meeting, just as we're being pedantic.

15 heats of league speedway at any level will produce a blue groove eventually around Rye.

• Like 1

PL riders being more skilled will use more lines than NL riders who will stick to one line meanining more rubber on one part of the track in the NL meeting, just as we're being pedantic.

15 heats of league speedway at any level will produce a blue groove eventually around Rye.

I am sorry i disagree with you, lets put the kids on it and see how long it takes from the to get a blue groove? so i guess 15 heats of speedway wont produce a blue groove.

The track at Eastbourne does not take a hammering as much in the NL as it did in the EL so bang goes your speculation. Also as you said the PL boys are more skilled they race different lines so do the NL boys just at a different pace. Average times for the PL meeting on Sunday was 58 seconds and for the NL was 60 seconds. you trying telling someone to knock 2 seconds and then tell me thats not wheel spin? or rubber on the ground.

I would say that 2 seconds between NL & PL is excellent pace whatever the track conditions.

Ive seen he blue groove appear at places like Rye, Kent and on hot days at Mildenhall within 5 heats in the NL as riders can attack the corners hard and attempt to scrub the speed at the last minute before hooking round and powering up the following straight. At Eastbourne due to the shape of the corners a different style is used to enter the corners and therefore the blue groove is not so evident. Add in the differing shale types used as some are more prone than others and the likelihood that most NL riders will be geared higher than PL riders creating more wheel spin there is an argument to say that the track could be in a worse state if the NL meetings went first.........

• Like 1

I would say that 2 seconds between NL & PL is excellent pace whatever the track conditions.

Ive seen he blue groove appear at places like Rye, Kent and on hot days at Mildenhall within 5 heats in the NL as riders can attack the corners hard and attempt to scrub the speed at the last minute before hooking round and powering up the following straight. At Eastbourne due to the shape of the corners a different style is used to enter the corners and therefore the blue groove is not so evident. Add in the differing shale types used as some are more prone than others and the likelihood that most NL riders will be geared higher than PL riders creating more wheel spin there is an argument to say that the track could be in a worse state if the NL meetings went first.........

It was a cold day no sun so really should not have seen the blue groove until heats 10 onwards, if that?

I am sorry i disagree with you, lets put the kids on it and see how long it takes from the to get a blue groove? so i guess 15 heats of speedway wont produce a blue groove.

We do and it does.

• Like 2

Still going on about the tracks?? Give it a rest already. Knowing Jubilee clip he will get you some lessons in track grading!!!!! :)

The track at Eastbourne does not take a hammering as much in the NL as it did in the EL so bang goes your speculation. Also as you said the PL boys are more skilled they race different lines so do the NL boys just at a different pace. Average times for the PL meeting on Sunday was 58 seconds and for the NL was 60 seconds. you trying telling someone to knock 2 seconds and then tell me thats not wheel spin? or rubber on the ground.

I've seen blue grooves at Mildenhall & Kent this week. Neither match was a double header.

• Like 2

How on earth did they get in that situation? That's shocking. No wonder they dropped down to the training league.

Inflated elite league wages which really no club can afford in this country with the gates they get. We'll see in the next couple of years if any of the elite clubs will survive on the receipts verses losses.

• Like 1

Subject change. British Speedway, far to many teams, not enough riders.

One decent league, get rid of all the GP riders, slow the bikes down, return the tracks to be bumpy and with loads of dirt on

them. ALL the old farts tells us, and you can read about how great the racing was, in front of massive crowds.

The so called big stars of our sport want, engines that will go as fast as possible, tracks that are like a billiard table, a cap, loads of ridiculous tattoo's and a drinks bottle to wave around in front of the cameras.

Just as this country will self implode if things don't change radically soon, so will speedway. If you follow the decline, you will be lucky to see any speedway by 2025. It won't worry me, I won't be here, but come on, someone at the top HAS to do something.

Some say a Barry Hearn type of person will be good, but it will make the top 12 of the worlds riders even more elite than they think they are now.

Happy days

Inflated elite league wages which really no club can afford in this country with the gates they get. We'll see in the next couple of years if any of the elite clubs will survive on the receipts verses losses.

There are few world class riders racing over here these days. You'd think EL costs would be lower now

I think I may have said the same sort of thing.

There are few world class riders racing over here these days. You'd think EL costs would be lower now

Trouble is the not quite world class riders now command the high wages but unlike the likes of Pedersen and Crump don't attract the crowds.

I think I may have said the same sort of thing.

Sorry but I suppose us ordinary fans can see the problem!

It's not speculation though, it's fact. Tyres are tyres and a speedway track is a speedway track, it doesn't matter how good the bloke on the bike is, if a blue groove is going to appear it's going to appear.

• Like 1