British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

suprised wd snr wants to get involved in the squabbling , i wonder how much he forked out to cover his month long stay over here ?

well done to the Enland team last night. Was not really expecting that result for the English boys but a well deserved one. Nice to see Adam involved on the TV.

Belle Vue proved to be a great race track I guess that's were the GPs will be in the future.

It may host an extra GP, such as the European GP in some seasons but the organisers of the series would want shooting if they decided to swap Cardiff for Belle Vue.

• Like 2

It may host an extra GP, such as the European GP in some seasons but the organisers of the series would want shooting if they decided to swap Cardiff for Belle Vue.

Capital city v a provincial English city...no contest really.

Expect, as usual, money will decide the day.

Can you get 40,000+ fans in the stadium at Belle Vue?

What a good meeting at the weekend from the Eagles, Adam in a class of his own, Jake just unfortunate with a fall where it looks like they over water the black line on the inside, If Mildenhall would have had Kyle Hughes it might have been a problem for us.

I came home still not sure what day is best either a Saturday or Sunday, at least with Saturday i dont get dusty but its a late night Sunday is a whole day.

Still not sure whats best day but the only thing is we have speedway.

Well done to Luke for his big score

Sunny day time meetings inevitably produce dust,and if your breathing it in it is not good for your health,,Not a fan,give me evening meetings every time..

Saturdays have always been my preference. Means you have the day time Saturday and Sunday to do other things but Sunday pm meetings rule out any other plans for Sundays.

Saturday nights for me

Ditto.

Can anyone remember the NL cut-off date?

We have 10 more League matches 4 home & 6 away. With only 2 scheduled in August and 6 in September. Home does not look a problem if the weather holds and like last year we can always have a double header but we still have to fit in the Cradley cup semi-final. Away could be a real problem because their are 2 matches to be re-arranged Buxton & Kings Lynn. Are we really going to have 2 in August and 10 in September with a possible further 6 in October?

Looking at the fixture list Buxton only race on Sundays which means that August 28th is the only date available so why on earth has that not already been arranged, after all they have had since May 1st to arrange a date. I fear this is the year Eastbourne do not meet the cut-off and look what that did to Coventry Storm last year.

To have a mild rant ' Why have we had so many empty weekends so far this year only to be congested at the end'?

Saturday nights for me

And me too

Can anyone remember the NL cut-off date?

We have 10 more League matches 4 home & 6 away. With only 2 scheduled in August and 6 in September. Home does not look a problem if the weather holds and like last year we can always have a double header but we still have to fit in the Cradley cup semi-final. Away could be a real problem because their are 2 matches to be re-arranged Buxton & Kings Lynn. Are we really going to have 2 in August and 10 in September with a possible further 6 in October?

Looking at the fixture list Buxton only race on Sundays which means that August 28th is the only date available so why on earth has that not already been arranged, after all they have had since May 1st to arrange a date. I fear this is the year Eastbourne do not meet the cut-off and look what that did to Coventry Storm last year.

To have a mild rant ' Why have we had so many empty weekends so far this year only to be congested at the end'?

not much chance of that imo. if it becomes a problem buxton will run one or two double headers. coventry storm suffered not only from rain-offs but because the bees took their dates to run their own re-arranged fixtures. if eastbourne do go to buxton on the 28th it will fit into my holiday plans very nicely so i hope you're right .

Nl 4s this weekend I think we have a very strong chance of silverware?

now Kent are out of the equation albeit in unfortunate circumstances we have a decent chance. Cradley look ok with Morris and Clegg but can't see Andrews doing much with top riders. Birmingham also look strong but not as strong as Ellis knight and perks. Knight got a maximum at Coventry last time. Perks did good at no1. Rye house also have Morley and Branford but no one has a consistent top 4 like ours who scored 40 out of 50 the other day

Looking forward to the Fours, I think we should have a good chance with the way the guys all rode at Stoke last week, I think if george ups his game then it could be game on for us at Coventry.