British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Jesus what is wrong with people, Ben has never been given the chance to progress, unfortunately along with a number of other riders around his age chances have been given to foreign riders in the PL above the likes of Ben it is only now that chances are shared around in the higher leagues. Perhaps if they had of been given these chances earlier we would have a better team GB and the sport would not be on its ass.

• Like 2

He's putting so much effort in over the winter training everyday and I believe grading equipment so we will see.

i'm with you on this one alex , he seems to be taking next season very seriously and i am expecting him to have lost a stone/stone and a half before season starts. no more looking like he's wearing one of those inflatable crash vests.

• Like 1

More so that now there is a way up in the sport and he wasn't picked to do it he will want to prove he is good enough this year in the hope a pl team picks him next season. I really hope it works out as he is key to our side next season.

Jesus what is wrong with people, Ben has never been given the chance to progress, unfortunately along with a number of other riders around his age chances have been given to foreign riders in the PL above the likes of Ben it is only now that chances are shared around in the higher leagues. Perhaps if they had of been given these chances earlier we would have a better team GB and the sport would not be on its ass.

Absolute bullcrap. Hopwood is where he is now because he's crap. Lawson, Worrall x2, Cook, Birks have all been riding less than 5/7 years yet all have had EL teams. No excuses other than not being very good. Still better than 'BDJR' I suppose lol.

Hopwood was very good last season

• Like 1

I will probably get my head bitten off but..... He is only .24 lower than Mildenhalls number 1 so he can't be that bad can he? Anyway not everyone has to go to the top, not everyone has to be Craig cook or Tai woffinden. Anyone who rides a speedway bike deserves respect because they risk their lives for our entertainment. without the likes of Hopwood there would be no competitive National League.

• Like 6

I will probably get my head bitten off but..... He is only .24 lower than Mildenhalls number 1 so he can't be that bad can he? Anyway not everyone has to go to the top, not everyone has to be Craig cook or Tai woffinden. Anyone who rides a speedway bike deserves respect because they risk their lives for our entertainment. without the likes of Hopwood there would be no competitive National League.

Well said Alex!

• Like 1

Fact is, Ben can be very quick and was great back up to BWD last year. With the training and weight loss he is putting in, he could get better next year. I fail to see how that will make him one of the worse number 5s in the league I must say.

• Like 2

Yes, NL track record holder, albeit briefly. Good rider who seemed rejuvenated and a vital part of the team. Happy to have him back. Mr Clouting's post was way off the mark.

After Ryes team announcement I can see us having

Kyle Hughes

Richard Andrews

Jake Knight

Georgie Wood

Ben Hopwood

Nick Phillips

Powell or someone like that ( I still think Mitch Godden but we will see)

• Like 1

After Ryes team announcement I can see us having

Kyle Hughes

Richard Andrews

Jake Knight

Georgie Wood

Ben Hopwood

Nick Phillips

Powell or someone like that ( I still think Mitch Godden but we will see)

You can make a good argument for each of those increasing their averages in 2016.

Riders improving makes for a winning team and eventual success.

We shall see how much of a Nostradamus AI3x200 is or whether it is just dear old Mother Shipton blethering on.

(Not sure of who Nostradamus and Mother Shipton are? Google it but basically people predicting the future)

I'm probably more of the later statement