British Speedway Forum

Taken from - http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.29729

SPEEDWAY bosses are ready to give more opportunities to British youngsters in the 2016 season”

Premier League representative George English, also a member of Management Committee, said: “We are pleased to implement the introduction of a British rider in the No.7 spot and we can confirm Heats 2 and 4 are protected so the No.7 riders will meet each other at least twice per meeting.

I genuinely couldn’t care less what passport Mitchell Davey does or doesn’t hold the signing of him goes against the grain of the Corinthian spirit of the implementation of a fast track rule. I don’t doubt counter points will be made such as “well last year we signed Branford and he was squeezed out” or “different ways of building teams” or even “well it is only Mitchell Davey”, irrelevant points, as is the idea that riders wouldn’t travel, every other side has managed, I am sure riders would have travelled I would assume they simply aren’t as good as Mitchell Davey.

It would be nice if the sport could introduce a rule, implement it and stick to it. The idea that promotions have a free pass simply because they find a loophole in a rule isn’t something to be applauded, used as a defence when they manipulate a rule or even a way to build a team in the first place. It’s verging on cheating and immoral to “exploit loopholes”, if rules are simply there to be manipulated and broken in the eyes of promotions, either don’t bother with them, or fine promotions when they decide to find loopholes rather than sticking to rules which other clubs seem to be able to manage to do.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 3

SPEEDWAY bosses are ready to give more opportunities to British youngsters in the 2016 season”

Premier League representative George English, also a member of Management Committee, said: “We are pleased to implement the introduction of a British rider in the No.7 spot and we can confirm Heats 2 and 4 are protected so the No.7 riders will meet each other at least twice per meeting.

I genuinely couldn’t care less what passport Mitchell Davey does or doesn’t hold the signing of him goes against the grain of the Corinthian spirit of the implementation of a fast track rule. I don’t doubt counter points will be made such as “well last year we signed Branford and he was squeezed out” or “different ways of building teams” or even “well it is only Mitchell Davey”, irrelevant points, as is the idea that riders wouldn’t travel, every other side has managed, I am sure riders would have travelled I would assume they simply aren’t as good as Mitchell Davey.

It would be nice if the sport could introduce a rule, implement it and stick to it. The idea that promotions have a free pass simply because they find a loophole in a rule isn’t something to be applauded, used as a defence when they manipulate a rule or even a way to build a team in the first place. It’s verging on cheating and immoral to “exploit loopholes”, if rules are simply there to be manipulated and broken in the eyes of promotions, either don’t bother with them, or fine promotions when they decide to find loopholes rather than sticking to rules which other clubs seem to be able to manage to do.

I agree with you, but its only verging on cheating if Edinburgh are allowed to exploit their loophole, as you say the BSPA need to enforce the rule that's there now as it seems simple enough to the rest of the clubs in the PL.

It's a laugh - lighten up!!

I’ve never heard Billy Connolly have to tell people he was telling a joke…

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 2

People will need to wait and see if and when he gets his passport then Edinburgh will have to submit him to scb what if they knock him back don't think it will be as simple as get passport straight onto team

I’ve never heard Billy Connolly have to tell people he was telling a joke…

So you've been to all his gigs?

He must be well impressed.

Do you sit beside him at porkheid too?

So you've been to all his gigs?

He must be well impressed.

Do you sit beside him at porkheid too?

Your patter is honking.

Edited by sparkafag

i made a comment on here or was it the somerset thread about edinburgh sticking to the rules, unlike somerset it now seems that the monarchs boss,s are twisting the rules a little to get davey into the 2016 team .. thet cant get a rider to travel , poor excuse about the travelling on a Friday night .

the number 7 spot was earmarked for British riders and not overseas ones . i dont mind the edinburgh promotion , but in this case, its a bending/twisting of the number7 rule .

if davey gets his british passport sorted out and he is presented to the powers that be, they may throw out edinburgh,s 7th rider as being not British. still we will have to wait and see .

SPEEDWAY bosses are ready to give more opportunities to British youngsters in the 2016 season

Premier League representative George English, also a member of Management Committee, said: We are pleased to implement the introduction of a British rider in the No.7 spot and we can confirm Heats 2 and 4 are protected so the No.7 riders will meet each other at least twice per meeting.

I genuinely couldnt care less what passport Mitchell Davey does or doesnt hold the signing of him goes against the grain of the Corinthian spirit of the implementation of a fast track rule. I dont doubt counter points will be made such as well last year we signed Branford and he was squeezed out or different ways of building teams or even well it is only Mitchell Davey, irrelevant points, as is the idea that riders wouldnt travel, every other side has managed, I am sure riders would have travelled I would assume they simply arent as good as Mitchell Davey.

It would be nice if the sport could introduce a rule, implement it and stick to it. The idea that promotions have a free pass simply because they find a loophole in a rule isnt something to be applauded, used as a defence when they manipulate a rule or even a way to build a team in the first place. Its verging on cheating and immoral to exploit loopholes, if rules are simply there to be manipulated and broken in the eyes of promotions, either dont bother with them, or fine promotions when they decide to find loopholes rather than sticking to rules which other clubs seem to be able to manage to do.

Don't mean to pee on your fire, nor have I turned.

The headline says " British Youngsters".

Now when did 29 become a youngster.

Who's signed a 29 year old?

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

Facts are Mitchell Davey debuted in the pl in 2008, still has a sub 3 average, must be in his late 20's and is Australian.

And hes odds on to become edinburghs fast track number 7, designed to help young brits progress in the sport.

You couldnt make it up!!!

Even if he does take out a uk passport, it is still ridiculous.

Youll have Glenn cunningham being re assessed and used as somersets number 8 next

Edited by Pinny
  • Like 3

Don't mean to pee on your fire, nor have I turned.

The headline says " British Youngsters".

Now when did 29 become a youngster.

Who's signed a 29 year old?

Can't think George!!

But I hope you appreciate him!

And I think Lee Payne might be the other one!!

And then there's the other two that started riding in 2009 and 2010 respectively.

And one of their new teams was doing a fair bit of creativity last season.

And of course BWD was born in New Zealand.

Buy hey ho - you only want blood because it's us!

I also heard a wee rumour that because Mitch has missed the last couple of seasons through injury he is entitled to a reduction in the 3.0 starting average.

Only a rumour you understand!!

Ex BSPA Chairman, Mr. Harkness leading by example.

That post was so original and good that you had to Like it yourself!!

Wowser.

Can't think George!!

But I hope you appreciate him!

And I think Lee Payne might be the other one!!

And then there's the other two that started riding in 2009 and 2010 respectively.

And one of their new teams was doing a fair bit of creativity last season.

And of course BWD was born in New Zealand.

Buy hey ho - you only want blood because it's us!

I also heard a wee rumour that because Mitch has missed the last couple of seasons through injury he is entitled to a reduction in the 3.0 starting average.

Only a rumour you understand!!

That post was so original and good that you had to Like it yourself!!

Wowser.

If Davey should get his GB passport let him serve a year in the national league like B.W.D. has and then see if you still want him.

• Like 1