British Speedway Forum

"Has to have raced NL prior to 2016 and hold a British passport".

How is Mitchell Davey any different to Bradley Wilson-Dean? BWD has a British passport too.

Pretty sure BWD has a NZ passport but came in on a 5 NL ave because his parents were British and that loophole has been closed hence why he has to ride PL with a 5 ave so does not qualify for NL any more and only people with British passports are able to ride in it so if Mitch gets in on a PL 3 ave his NL ave will be three also lol

With ice & slice or just neck it out of the bottle?

Out the neck please and a bit of whatever sparkafag is on please.;)

• Like 1

How is Mitchell Davey any different to Bradley Wilson-Dean? BWD has a British passport too.

Not sure where you are getting this from, as I thought the rule for a 2016 PL No. 7 was: 'Every PL team has to track a British rider that is eligible for the National League in the No. 7 berth on a three-point average'?

BWD isn't riding as a No. 7 on a three-point average in 2016, so there is no comparison with Mitchell Davey. BWD starts 2016 as a 'new' foreign rider on an assessed 5.00?

Pretty sure BWD has a NZ passport but came in on a 5 NL ave because his parents were British and that loophole has been closed hence why he has to ride PL with a 5 ave so does not qualify for NL any more and only people with British passports are able to ride in it so if Mitch gets in on a PL 3 ave his NL ave will be three also lol

Agreed. BWD was admitted to the NL in 2015 on UK Patriality, as he did not have a UK Passport, and therefore was awarded a 5.00 NL Assessed Average, rather than a 3.00 which would have applied if he was a UK Passport holder.

For 2016, UK Patriality does not apply for admittance to ride in the NL and all riders have to be UK Passport holders with all 'new' riders awarded a 3.00 Assessed Average to start the season.

As the Patriality 'loop-hole' has been closed for 2016, BWD has been re-classified as 'NL ineligible' and that is why he has had to start on a 5.00 'new' foreign rider PL Assessed Average, rather than a 'NL eligible' 3.00 PL Assessed Average.

• Like 1

All the other number 7's are born in the uk. If you check the rider index on the bspa site you will see. So who is this other rider then?

except you cannot use that as criteria as it would rule out anyone else not born here; even if they had lived here all their days and if the criteria was lived here 3 years or more he has done that as well. The speedway authorities have no say on who is a citizen and would look silly if they did that.

No idea who the rider was, it was reported in the local newspaper back in december. May just have been a slow news week although I would guess edinburgh wouldn't keep all their eggs in one basket and at least asked a couple of others so happy to believe it.

Edited by scotchopper

Not sure where you are getting this from, as I thought the rule for a 2016 PL No. 7 was: 'Every PL team has to track a British rider that is eligible for the National League in the No. 7 berth on a three-point average'?

Someone said if you word the rule to force out Davey that'll you're force another rider out. I just worded he rule to force out Davey but not effect anyone else.

Someone said if you word the rule to force out Davey that'll you're force another rider out. I just worded he rule to force out Davey but not effect anyone else.

Yes it would if there was a new British discovery who had never previously ridden in the NL, but was considered good enough to start directly in the PL.

Edited by cyclone

So your rule is that you must have raced NL before? So if someone new comes in he is not allowed to go straight into PL.

Oh aye simple work around, he could race NL this season and be eligible for next season or even later this season. So if he can be eligible next season why make him ineligible for this season?

So your rule is that you must have raced NL before? So if someone new comes in he is not allowed to go straight into PL.

Oh aye simple work around, he could race NL this season and be eligible for next season or even later this season. So if he can be eligible next season why make him ineligible for this season?

will he be eligible to ride nl or pl as no one really knows until he gets his passport and the powers that be give him the ok to do, so what will his ave for nl be if he is eligible or will they give him the same as BWD

will he be eligible to ride nl or pl as no one really knows until he gets his passport and the powers that be give him the ok to do, so what will his ave for nl be if he is eligible or will they give him the same as BWD

If he gets his passport as a British citizen he should be eligible for both leagues on 3.00. As others have posted above BWD is not a British citizen and comes in on patriality rules which are different, i.e. 5.00.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't get a passport just a question of how long and if he gets it in time for the season.

Edited by scotchopper

Bloody raging all this crap about Davey means you've more pages than Berwick 😄😄😄😏😏😏

• Like 7

Yes it would if there was a new British discovery who had never previously ridden in the NL, but was considered good enough to start directly in the PL.

dont have to look back far for examples -

both Rob Lambert and Adam Ellis I believe only rode a few meetings in NL in the season prior to entering the main league.

Without doing so neither couldve entered on the 3 point assessment.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't get a passport just a question of how long and if he gets it in time for the season.

takes about 15 days if ye use the post office 'check and send service',,, its only £9.75 extra :)

• Like 1

takes about 15 days if ye use the post office 'check and send service',,, its only £9.75 extra :)

I had mine back within a week using that service