British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

ARE you serious? David Gordon and Chris Morton have spent seven years of their lives bringing this to fruition. It's a hic-up, a big one admittedly, but if you manage to go there Steve you will marvel at what they have achieved and appreciate what a wonderful facility British speedway has at it's disposal. Do you honestly expect them to walk away and allow another promoter (Matt Ford?) to reap the benefit.

Granted Phil, but it took them just 3 hours to balls the whole lot up,along with that Track curator.. As I said umpteen times, they would have known and so did the track curator know bends 3-4 was to soft and not racable, and therefore the meeting should never had gone ahead nor fans let in,and because of that ,they've backed themselves into a corner. And im sure the speedy Star will have a full write up this week.

Edited by Starman2006

ARE you serious? David Gordon and Chris Morton have spent seven years of their lives bringing this to fruition. It's a hic-up, a big one admittedly, but if you manage to go there Steve you will marvel at what they have achieved and appreciate what a wonderful facility British speedway has at it's disposal. Do you honestly expect them to walk away and allow another promoter (Matt Ford?) to reap the benefit.

Not there choice ..if they lose there licence ..lets be honest they should have have lost it after the Poole match . letting convicted cheats carry on was only going to end badly .

• Like 1

it wont be long until someone blames it all on Poole and MF its the done thing on this forum isnt it !

Somebody already has. Par for the course I suppose..

surprised at lack of coverage really

Its speedway so, to borrow a phrase from above, par for the course.

Oh look, a speedway meeting ended in an embarrassing shambles. Really? Anyway, crap weather we've been having......

Edited by BuzzCagney

Granted Phil, but it took them just 3 hours to balls the whole lot up,along with that Track curator... And im sure the speedy Star will have a full write up this week.

lol ..looking forward to that ....Don't expect any stick for Belle Vue seeing how close Phil is with Gordon and Morton .

• Like 2

Some of the reaction on here is really sad. Quite frankly you don't deserve to be speedway fans.

Last post for me on here. I'm off to support my club and give them backing they deserve for the work that has gone in over the last 9 years.

• Like 3

WHY. It's BV's track, and their opening night, and had the relevant licence covering actual dimensions. If a promotion goes ahead with a meeting despite advice to the contrary, it's down to them to get it right. They didn't.

You've alluded more than once that they were advised not to go ahead with the meeting. Can you tell us who by, what was said and when this took place?

• Like 1

They deserve credit for the magnificent stadium, definitely, but wow, what a massive balls up they made of actually putting it to use!

Edited by BuzzCagney

DEFINITELY shades of Warsaw here. As I now understand it the BV management had no direct control over the laying of the track as that fell within the remit of the contractors and until such time as the stadium is officially handed over that will remain the case.

Really, then where the hell was the track curator,he should have been overseeing the process. And that is fact...

Edited by Starman2006

WHY. It's BV's track, and their opening night, and had the relevant licence covering actual dimensions. If a promotion goes ahead with a meeting despite advice to the contrary, it's down to them to get it right. They didn't.

You've alluded more than once that they were advised not to go ahead with the meeting. Can you tell us who by, what was said and when this took place?

The statement put out by BV could be a legal cover for them. Imagine 50 people going to small claims demanding BV pay for their hotel, fuel etc as they knew of the problem but still allowed people to waste their money fully in the knowledge that these people were wasting their money.

Do the BV two actually have any actual financial input in the club? The stadium isnt theirs, so basically they just have the lisence. By bringing the sport into disrepute can the bspa remove the licence and stick a promoter in there who could do a good job.

I think you're right about the statement being framed as it was for legal reasons but nothing to do with actions against them in the small claims court but action they may have to take against others.

So far as I understand it David and Chris have a considerable stake in the new stadium. Do you recall the long list of financial backers that David put forward and they are repaying the cost of the stadium to the council over a substantial number of years.

You've alluded more than once that they were advised not to go ahead with the meeting. Can you tell us who by, what was said and when this took place

If Tsunami said so with his contacts I would take it as gospel ...he also tends to stick up for promoters as a rule .

• Like 2

Really, then where the hell was the track curator,he should have been overseeing the process. And that is fact...

His could he oversee it if Belle Vue had no control over the contractors.

It's not our fault, it's not the BSPA's fault. I mean really???? Just whose fault do they assume it is?

its clear no lessons have been learned by those in charge of our sport as is usual it's always someone else's fault.

Do they seriously believe anyone is buying the options of running Friday?

They had the track tested last week yet that proved nothing.

Even if they offered assurances, free entry,free parking, a free easter egg and a £20 gift voucher I still wouldn't waste my time going on Friday.

I guess promoters really do think supporters will buy any guff announcement.

It's the weathers fault, remember.