British Speedway Forum

But Greg isn't fake. He is genuinely nice.

. . . . who runs at a rider and dives at him! Yes, that's the sign of a genuinely nice guy!

• Like 2

Something to do with your name maybe? :wink:

Or his link to charlie gjedde??

. . . . who runs at a rider and dives at him! Yes, that's the sign of a genuinely nice guy!

Or is it the sign of a rider pushed to the limit after years of being taken out by the 'Dirty' Dane..? :t:

• Like 2

Or is it the sign of a rider pushed to the limit after years of being taken out by the 'Dirty' Dane..? :t:

Possibly I would say ......

Except he wasn't taken out. Wasn't even touched.

• Like 2

How come he ended up sliding half the length of the straight on his backside then?

• Like 2

Except he wasn't taken out. Wasn't even touched.

You don't need to be 'hit' to be taken out...there are plenty of ways a rider can be taken out without any contact and Nicki is the master of this art.

You don't need to be 'hit' to be taken out...there are plenty of ways a rider can be taken out without any contact and Nicki is the master of this art.

So, finally an admission. Hancock jumped of his bike.

However, as you have mentioned it, please list just some of the 'plenty of ways a rider can be taken out without contact'.

Edited by BWitcher

How come he ended up sliding half the length of the straight on his backside then?

He didn't and even if he did, that would actually suggest he wasn't 'knocked off'.

Edited by BWitcher

So, finally an admission. Hancock jumped of his bike.

However, as you have mentioned it, please list just some of the 'plenty of ways a rider can be taken out without contact'.

Squeezed out to the fence, riding immediately across a riders line (one of Nicki's favourites on lap 4 heading to the finish line), being forced wide into the heavy dirt, riding under overly hard going into a bend...all can be done with no contact. Want me to go on?

As for your first sentence, I have made no such admission.

Nicki is a fine rider, but he has made his bed over a career littered with controversial riding. Its quite possible he gets harshly judged sometimes based on the past but that's the consequences of his own actions. He's worthy of world #3 and rode some fantastic GP's this year. He also somehow attracts trouble and revels in his bad boy role. He reminds me of the kid at school who was always in the headmasters office connected with trouble, whether he caused it directly or not.

Greg and Masters did wrong and apologized for their actions. Correct me if i'm wrong but has Nicki ever apologized for his? Once?

I've never been knocked off a bike at 70mph, or had my line taken away so I can't have reality on how these guys feel in the heat of the moment. Given how many crashes occur in speedway its almost amazing we don't have more brawls.

And being professionals, Greg and Nicki, at least for now, have moved past their issues its seems.

The most fascinating part of this thread though isn't Nicki or Greg, its posters who never have and never will ride a bike talking like experts about riders crashing, jumping off the bike, etc, and their actions after. How can you possibly judge when you've never done this? BSF comedy at its finest!!

Edited by SteveEvans
  • Like 2