British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kraftwerk

Slovenian Fim Speedway Gp 30th April 2016

BT Sports 2 7.30am Sunday

Thanks m8 .....

Really good to see speedway again. but the meeting was far from being a classic, some good races though.

Last night I was reading the lead article in Backtrack magazine, the lead article re Joe Screen. In part, he was lamenting the old upright machines compared to the lay down machines where its no throttle or full throttle with no throttle control. Thats how I see Zmarzlick, not just last night but on other occassions. He is a very brave lad, no doubt about it, but to me he is hanging on to a rocket machine with no real finese. He will master the bike in time and no doubt be a contender for world titles for a good frew years, but I just wish we could go back in time and have the upright engines again - not a fan of these revvy modern bikes.

Disappointed on Zagar, especially on his home track, Krsko is obviously not his favourite place but last night was a bigger disappointment.

Once Doyle got going (third ride on) then he was impressive. Holder had a good night, but he seems reserved too many times, holding back - thoughts of injjuries and Darcys injury probably still playing on his mind and that may cost him a real chance of being Champ. Kildemand - always looks like a crash waiting to happen. May be me, but it seems riders hold back when they have PK around them. Same with fast freddie, rode well last night, but I have seen him chop across riders more then a few times, and I see riders are cautious when FF is about.

Nicki was not the same after the crash - change of bike presumably. Tai was lacking fire, but no doubt he is happy with his effort at the start of the season.

Watch the last couple frames of Selby - Fu snooker semi afterward and found that more nail biting at times, a real good match. Selby v Ding...... should be Ding to win fro what I seen.

The presentation tonight on BT was very good,got home from work thought who is this woman? to be fair she was excellent.Scott for me is Scott the same all the time great for tv for me he will have a job in speedway with the media after he stops racing no worries.

The presentation tonight on BT was very good,got home from work thought who is this woman? to be fair she was excellent.Scott for me is Scott the same all the time great for tv for me he will have a job in speedway with the media after he stops racing no worries.

I think it needs two analysts personally found the studio stuff rather drab ..she was ok Nicholls is usually decent but just a bit flat and i think another ex of current rider would add a bit more especially if it's someone a bit outspoken

You've miscounted, Hancock was passed 5 times on his own - that's without a single other pass being counted.

Not s classic by any means but for me for pass marks, we saw a few decent heats along the way. But no, it won't be remembered in years to come.

Spot on, totally agree with every point you have made and your observations

Really good to see speedway again. but the meeting was far from being a classic, some good races though.

Last night I was reading the lead article in Backtrack magazine, the lead article re Joe Screen. In part, he was lamenting the old upright machines compared to the lay down machines where its no throttle or full throttle with no throttle control. Thats how I see Zmarzlick, not just last night but on other occassions. He is a very brave lad, no doubt about it, but to me he is hanging on to a rocket machine with no real finese. He will master the bike in time and no doubt be a contender for world titles for a good frew years, but I just wish we could go back in time and have the upright engines again - not a fan of these revvy modern bikes.

Disappointed on Zagar, especially on his home track, Krsko is obviously not his favourite place but last night was a bigger disappointment.

Once Doyle got going (third ride on) then he was impressive. Holder had a good night, but he seems reserved too many times, holding back - thoughts of injjuries and Darcys injury probably still playing on his mind and that may cost him a real chance of being Champ. Kildemand - always looks like a crash waiting to happen. May be me, but it seems riders hold back when they have PK around them. Same with fast freddie, rode well last night, but I have seen him chop across riders more then a few times, and I see riders are cautious when FF is about.

Nicki was not the same after the crash - change of bike presumably. Tai was lacking fire, but no doubt he is happy with his effort at the start of the season.

Watch the last couple frames of Selby - Fu snooker semi afterward and found that more nail biting at times, a real good match. Selby v Ding...... should be Ding to win fro what I seen.

Kildemand a crash waiting to happen that has won 2 gp's inside a year...yeah reckless isnt he?

Not a classic but seen far worse too, like most meetings these days it got better in the second half.

Love watching Kildemand, sure he can get out of shape every now and then but I'd rather see riders like him than a few others who just tootle around doing nothing but gate for 95% of the season.

Good first ride from Bomber but that tapes exclusion, where he had a great chance to pickup two more points at least, seemed to totally knock him, bottom of the series after 1 round and sadly can't see that changing excluding injuries.

Woffy not really on it either but did what he does best and still got double figures despite not riding brilliantly. Still hard to see past him winning it all with a wild goose chase for the other rostrum spots.

• Like 1

Typical abberation of Speedway made by BSI. I have counted 4 (four) cases of overtaking. Start > one path > 4 laps of yawning > finish. Even NICE PLŻ meetings are more entertaining.

Cya

Some people are never satisfied.

Suzi Perry will be involved at Cardiff and World Cup race off/final at Belle Vue.

Suzi Perry...Mmmm! :approve:

Seen worse GP's. Racing was OK but no better.

BT Sport did a good job in the studio but as others have said maybe the addition of a 3rd person could spice up the chat a bit. Good to see two knowledgeable presenters and both keep me interested in the chat.

Warsaw should be a good one with a near full house.

• Like 1

Seen worse GP's. Racing was OK but no better.

BT Sport did a good job in the studio but as others have said maybe the addition of a 3rd person could spice up the chat a bit. Good to see two knowledgeable presenters and both keep me interested in the chat.

Warsaw should be a good one with a near full house.

AND a different (bigger, wider) track than last year with the pits outside rather than inside the stadium. Material used for laying the track has been stored inside since last year's debacle and constantly measured for moisture content. I'm led to believe that the track will go in this week with a full scale test, al la Cardiff 2015, a week tomorrow.

AND a different (bigger, wider) track than last year with the pits outside rather than inside the stadium. Material used for laying the track has been stored inside since last year's debacle and constantly measured for moisture content. I'm led to believe that the track will go in this week with a full scale test, al la Cardiff 2015, a week tomorrow.

Hope its a great advert for the sport.

• Like 1

Kildemand a crash waiting to happen that has won 2 gp's inside a year...yeah reckless isnt he?

thats kildermands style a bit like lindback

for me i love watching kildermand if full flight he was brilliant at times round workington up the back straight

it would not surprise me if peter was top 3 end of season

almost 50% of gps hes made the final speaks for itself really

Edited by scarra
  • Like 4

Well done to Killer, and Doyley, (both members of that title-winning 2012 Swindon side). Some good racing, although I did fall asleep half-way through! Pretty much anyone could have won it. Keeps it interesting.

Very good presentation from Quirky and Nichy.

thats kildermands style a bit like lindback

for me i love watching kildermand if full flight he was brilliant at times round workington up the back straight

it would not surprise me if peter was top 3 end of season

almost 50% of gps hes made the final speaks for itself really

Brilliant at Swindon as well, wish he was still here. Great to see Doyley fightback, could be Elite number 1 and world champ. Like the Dreadlock One's style, be good to see him back in the Elite..

• Like 1

Under MASSIVE pressure to get it right this year, start gate? Heating?

Under MASSIVE pressure to get it right this year, start gate? Heating?

Massive is an understatement.

Last year it was freezing inside, this year the GP is a month later. I'm told I should only pack shorts and t-shirts as statistically its gonna be over +20 and sunny. Totally different ballgame this year.

I thought that Natalie and Scott did a great job tonight. Both knowledgeable and good speakers.

As somebody said, a third person in the studio would improve it still. Chris Louis perhaps?

Or Gary Havelock

Edited by New Science
  • Like 2