British Speedway Forum
Pinny

Why Is Scb Banned?

In SCB's case........two weeks, with his posts for the further two weeks being closely monitored.

2 weeks? Don't know what the fuss is about then. It's a Speedway forum, not Nelson Mandela.

• Like 2

Is there a facebook group where we can offer support, or a justgiving page to donate to help in his time of need?

• Like 3

There is a wider question at large here.

As we know, SCB wasn't banned for his original thread title, i.e. using the word retard. It was simply altered. Nor can he have been banned for the other thread he started, that's still running.

Which means he was banned for saying Jon Cook was a homosexual...

Thus implying that being a homosexual is an insult...Now, Jon Cook may be, he may not be... but would SCB have been banned if he had said Jon Cook is straight? I think we all know the answer to that!

So basically, the decision to ban SCB can only be termed a homophobic one!

• Like 4

Just seen that scb is banned. What an absolute joke

Youve got people like stevebrum and starman on here who talk complete drivel all day long,

Whereas we have posters like you who have nothing to add but insult.

Perhaps the lesson learned from the ban is best not name call and insult just because you think you can.

Won't stop this poster from the usual bile.

I can see SCB's point all along. The way he went about it was wrong albeit trying to be clever.

• Like 4

Perhaps the lesson learned from the ban is best not name call and insult just because you think you can.

I can see SCB's point all along. The way he went about it was wrong albeit trying to be clever.

He wasn't banned for name calling. He wasn't banned for being insulting.

He was banned for calling someone homo-sexual, do you class that as an insult?

Not to forget it has been proved in Starmans case when Neil Middleditch used the word, he said there was 'nothing wrong' with it.

Please show me the said post ?

The way he went about it on two occasions was totally wrong. If he was trying to be clever then rightly he's come unstuck.

On the original thread, many, other posters said he was out of order, not just me....

Forum rules are there for a reason. With what he said he crossed the line. Nobody, is bigger than this forum..

Edited by Starman2006

Please show me the said post ?

The way he went about it on two occasions was totally wrong. If he was trying to be clever then rightly he's come unstuck.

On the original thread, many, other posters said he was out of order.

Forum rules are there for a reason. With what he said he crossed the line. Nobody, is bigger than this forum..

The said post has been quoted on another thread.

He wasn't banned for name calling. He wasn't banned for being insulting.

He was banned for calling someone homo-sexual, do you class that as an insult?

That isn't the point. Plenty might be insulted to be called a homosexual.

It's an accusation veiled in a witty way with no malice intended.

John Cook himself may have take offence at it but that's what you get for throwing around name calling in malice or not.

As already stated I don't see the need for either of the words in jest/personal attack/fun/good humour.

I wouldn't be offended by it and been called far worse by less credible posters.

you court debate at your own risk with a thread like that.

I am still surprised he took a ban for it however as would have expected the thread being pulled or poster banned in the first 24 hrs of it going public.

Give over you div.

Does it not make you feel daft when there are so many likes on the opening post on here ?

• Like 1

The said post has been quoted on another thread.

Find it.

John Cook himself may have take offence at it but that's what you get for throwing around name calling in malice or not.

As already stated I don't see the need for either of the words in jest/personal attack/fun/good humour.

I wouldn't be offended by it and been called far worse by less credible posters.

I am still surprised he took a ban for it however as would have expected the thread being pulled or poster banned in the first 24 hrs of it going public.

Do you think if SCB had posted Jon Cook is straight anyone would have batted an eyelid or he would have been banned?

Give over you div.

Does it not make you feel daft when there are so many likes on the opening post on here ?

I don't care what you think, nor the other 10. Rules are rules.