British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v Wolves 25-03-16 Good Fiday

Codswallop.

The meeting was never going to be on yet once again Belle Vue were messing folk around.

Well done to the other clubs and to the BSPA for calling Belle Vue's bluff and forcing them to behave in a professional manner for once.

Thats rubbish, belle vue were hoping and trying to get it on, the other promotions had no right to announce anything and you know that.

How can you mislead fans with lack of information. Facts are the meeting was offically cancelled yesterday evening, the other 3 promotions called off a meeting that they had no right too, the fact it was eventually called off saved thier blushes.

No doubt you believed you had a burst water pipe too.

Thats rubbish, belle vue were hoping and trying to get it on, the other promotions had no right to announce anything and you know that.

Of course they were. Bless.

No doubt you believed you had a burst water pipe too.

Whats that got to with it. You think belle vue werent bothered about getting the meeting on. Just accept on this occasion the other 3 promotions made a mistake.

How do you know if anything was said privately in the day or so before? I can't believe other promotions would say a meeting was off if it wasn't.

Whats that got to with it. You think belle vue werent bothered about getting the meeting on. Just accept on this occasion the other 3 promotions made a mistake.

Quite right. They said the meeting was off, whereas in fact the meeting is off. How could they have got it so wrong?

Oh, and to defuse a possible retort, rather than waiting for the Belle Vue promotion to postpone, the unusual circumstances meant that the meeting was always off until such time as they decided it was on.

? They said the match was off and it was .

• Like 1

Other promotions shouldn't be putting out press releases without the home staging club informing first I agree.

However what isn't a mistake is that all 3 clubs got the information 100% correct.

How do you know if anything was said privately in the day or so before? I can't believe other promotions would say a meeting was off if it wasn't.

Why didnt wolves put it on there offical site then. Also why would belle vue say privately its off when it wasnt. Cradley made the mistake and both wolves and Edinburgh used that information.

Obviously, some have an agenda to pursue but it really is amazing that people are willing to base their criticism on a rumour started by a Cradley fan on Twitter.

These people need to ask themselves why, if they had already cancelled the meeting, would Belle Vue make a statement on Monday that remedial work had started and that they would inspect the track on Wednesday, on Wednesday announce that they had inspected the track and would carry out a further inspection later that day and if all was well hold a practice the following day before deciding about Friday and finally that after the further inspection and taking account of the weather today, called it off. What motive could they have, what benefit would they gain? If they had decided on cancelling the meeting on Monday far easier for them just to say so.

The the clubs who made the premature announcement are connected by venue, promotion, or in the case of Edinburgh by track curator and riders. They were taken in by the rumour. They should first of checked with Belle Vue, there is no excuse for not doing so and I doubt anyone with an ounce of intelligence and being objective is going to believe that they did, were then told it was cancelled and that Belle Vue having done that continued with a charade of press releases and made up track inspections.

The fact the meeting was eventually cancelled is immaterial. What those clubs did was wrong and if the meeting had gone ahead could have had an affect on the attendance. No club should make such an announcement until the home club has made a decision.

• Like 1

Other promotions shouldn't be putting out press releases without the home staging club informing first I agree.

However what isn't a mistake is that all 3 clubs got the information 100% correct.

As you say you agree and its speedway again not learning. The got lucky that is all but they werent 100% correct as it wasnt off when they said it was.

You and i both know they got lucky. Fact is they shouldnt of said anything we both know that.

You and i both know they got lucky. Fact is they shouldnt of said anything we both know that.

Why didnt wolves put it on there offical site then. Also why would belle vue say privately its off when it wasnt. Cradley made the mistake and both wolves and Edinburgh used that information.

What I mean is BV and Wolves promotions may have had a discussion about how likely the meeting is to be going ahead. Depends on who you believe I guess.

I couldnt care less if it rains,have they high tec track covers installed at the stadium for easy use.SOMEONE must know.Lessons learned from past call offs surely they would have built in motorized track covers,that allow working on the track while it rains overhead!!!!!!

As you say you agree and its speedway again not learning. The got lucky that is all but they werent 100% correct as it wasnt off when they said it was.

They got lucky giving the right information. :wink:

However it seemed everyone thought or assumed it would be off, including riders who predicted the Saturday call off.

Sometimes when many are saying the same thing one has to assume there is no smoke without fire.

Hopefully lessons learned all round.

Looking forward to seeing Wolves at the new stadium later this year.

the other 3 promotions called off a meeting that they had no right too, the fact it was eventually called off saved thier blushes.

I really don't want to wade in on the Belle Vue promotion over the whole episode; I feel it would serve no useful purpose. But any blushes needing to be saved do not, IMHO, currently reside in Scotland or the West Midlands.

• Like 3