British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Plymouth Remain Open!

Speedway really does need to look at the costs involved in running a club.

We need as many clubs running as possible and if that means reduced costs (whatever they are) then so be it.

Sorry to hear this news.

• Like 3

A terrible shame. Last time I was there a couple of years ago crowd looked good. Must've dropped off alarmingly

Stunned to see this - had Bowden drove the club into the ground that much?

When they first joined PL they had superb crowds, what went wrong?!

Shocking of them to start the season though knowing that it was highly unlikely they wouldnt be able to run all season - as said thats a few riders totally screwed.

Must admit its a massive shock, i hadnt read anything about struggles down at the club!

Second time its happened to a club featuring Kurtz and Gjedde in the same team as well!

When I first watched Plymouth in 2010 in the National League, the crowds looked healthy by modern standards. Last year they seemed to be smaller than the national league era. I don't know why they've lost so many fans.

Perhaps Allan Trump can save them like he did last year?

He'll have to learn to keep a lid on the truth and tolerate the other crooked promotors that he struggled to work with last time but he's probably their only hope.

Perhaps Allan Trump can save them like he did last year?

He'll have to learn to keep a lid on the truth and tolerate the other crooked promotors that he struggled to work with last time but he's probably their only hope.

Think they'll need Donald Trump by the sound of their money worries! :o

• Like 1

Shocked to hear the news, lets hope a buyer can be found and fast! Lets remember though they need people turn up and sadly they haven't in big numbers weekly.

where does the sky money go surely some should go to clubs like plymouth

Don't think the PL sees much of that money

Sorry to hear this and I have asked for friday matches thread to be taken down out of respect. You are more than welcome at the Rebels.

Yes, I second that. Perhaps Exeter could use Plymouth Track and some of the riders. What would there be to stop them providing the sums are right !!!

• Like 1

What a shock and a mess. I used to love my visits down to Plymouth, hardly the most glamorous speedway set up in the world but a great track and a real sense of being on the action with the viewing facilities.

Let's hope this doesn't go the same way Newport did after the Mallet's left there, as it has a very similar feel to it!

• Like 1

Best of luck in finding someone to keep Plymouth going..never good news. This season starting poorly, BV, now Ply, Also Petebog first cancelled...not good.

Appears that changing the team last season and making the play offs has come at a price to the promotion , what happens to the aussie lads visas now they are effectively unemployed in the uk .