British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Coventry V Eastbourne 28th March

So much for my forecasts, Hope they let me in the stadium for the next meeting. Reading the updates it would appear that Coventry reserves are as bad as ours.

Nick Phillips and Charley Powell lost quite a few points today by falling when in good scoring positions. I'm sure they will both improve with more track time!

Carr and Greenwood are two good heat leaders but why is terry Daley at no3?

So that Carr can cover Heat 14 and we can rid ourselves of the utterly useless rtd by Heat 12 I would imagine.

They deserve the stadium to be empty re-signing Terry-Daley. Possibly the slowest, most inept speedway rider I've ever seen. I'm sure he's a lovely lad, but a speedway rider he ain't.

• Like 1

So that Carr can cover Heat 14 and we can rid ourselves of the utterly useless rtd by Heat 12 I would imagine.

They deserve the stadium to be empty re-signing Terry-Daley. Possibly the slowest, most inept speedway rider I've ever seen. I'm sure he's a lovely lad, but a speedway rider he ain't.

I like Ryan but he is not strong enough for the top 5

I like Ryan but he is not strong enough for the top 5

Let's face it, he wouldn't even be a decent reserve. He's wasting his, and our, time.

To be fair he was ill and had to be withdrawn, though I would say he's more reserve material.

Good performance from the Eagles and well worth the trip. Who'd have thought a track would need watering after this weekend's weather?

• Like 1

I went to Coventry to day, the main talking point must were was the crowd, 1st NL meeting of the season and there no more the 100 there, on a positive note track man did I good job.

I went to Coventry to day, the main talking point must were was the crowd, 1st NL meeting of the season and there no more the 100 there, on a positive note track man did I good job.

Coventry bees have already had 2 meetings, plus Bomber's testimonial in the space of 2 weeks so think people may have spent money already on those this month and having to wait for pay day.

Unfortunately the crowds are never big worn having 2 teams but they are usually better than today's

I think all the remaining matches will be on a Friday night on GP weekends so hopefully the attendance will improve as perhaps some people had other things to do on a Bank Holiday afternoon. Yes, the track staff did a very good job to get this on and the biggest surprise was how dry and dusty it was after all that rain. I don't know who does the music now but I like it. :lol: I've finally managed of work out the title of one of the songs 'I Wanna Make You Sweat' and have been trying to find it on YouTube but no luck so far.

Hope Martin Knuckey is okay after that nasty crash.

I think all the remaining matches will be on a Friday night on GP weekends so hopefully the attendance will improve as perhaps some people had other things to do on a Bank Holiday afternoon. Yes, the track staff did a very good job to get this on and the biggest surprise was how dry and dusty it was after all that rain. I don't know who does the music now but I like it. :lol: I've finally managed of work out the title of one of the songs 'I Wanna Make You Sweat' and have been trying to find it on YouTube but no luck so far.

Hope Martin Knuckey is okay after that nasty crash.

Is this the song you are looking for?

• Like 1

That's the one. Thanks very much.

It appears that only EL interests the Coventry crowd, hence why I'm always surprised at the suggestions of Bees dropping to PL over the years.

I think the difference between Eastbourne getting a good crowd for NL matches and Coventry not is purely down to the Eagles having only one team to support whereas we have two and a lot of fans are just not interested in anything except the Bees unfortunately.

Sad to say i think your right, Crowds are good at Kent, Eastbourne, but suffer at Kings Lynn, Rye House, from last year from where i was.

It will be interesting to see how Belle Vue fare this season now they also have 2 teams as it seems really hard to get E.L. fans to support N.L. matches. :neutral: