British Speedway Forum
ZODIAK

Ipswich Vs Sheffield Saturday April 2nd 7.30pm

What a difference a day makes!

Just walked the dogs and had a great view of a sun soaked shimmering River Orwell.

Bright blue sky with just a few wisps of cloud and no coat needed!

Agreed 100per cent. The club only had a rough idea when the rain would arrive.if they had called off early they would be slated.

One of the reasons that people went to Speedway and got in the habit of going, was they knew there was a match on a certain day of the week. In this case Ipswich on a Thursday night so what ever was happening during the year you knew there was a meeting every Thursday night and arranged things accordingly.So this season we have started with these home fixtures on a Thursday night

Thursday 17th March--------------Scunthorpe

Thursday 24th March--------------Nothing

Thursday 31st March---------------Nothing

Thursday 7th April-------------------Nothing

Thursday 14th April------------------Peterborough

Thursday 21st April------------------No Meetng

/Thursday 28 th April-----------------Somerset

Thursday 5th May--------------------No meeting

Thursday 12th May------------------Rye House

Thursday 19th May-------------------No meeting

Thursday 2th May---------------------Edininburgh

So we are in the third month of the season and have only 5 Thursday night meetings where years ago we would have had 11 Thursday night meetngs

No Mickey mouse meetings this year. Official ones only me thinks. All clubs will need to be meaner and leaner and possibly moving from their normal race day to survive.I think Plymouth is a warning shot across the bows.I always want Thursday's as for most of us it is religion. But the reality is that we will need to change to adapt to a changing economy

Agreed 100per cent. The club only had a rough idea when the rain would arrive.if they had called off early they would be slated.No Mickey mouse meetings this year. Official ones only me thinks. All clubs will need to be meaner and leaner and possibly moving from their normal race day to survive.I think Plymouth is a warning shot across the bows.I always want Thursday's as for most of us it is religion. But the reality is that we will need to change to adapt to a changing economy

Agreed 100per cent. The club only had a rough idea when the rain would arrive.if they had called off early they would be slated.No Mickey mouse meetings this year. Official ones only me thinks. All clubs will need to be meaner and leaner and possibly moving from their normal race day to survive.I think Plymouth is a warning shot across the bows.I always want Thursday's as for most of us it is religion. But the reality is that we will need to change to adapt to a changing economy

s

There are strong suggestions that Thursday will be one of the two Elite racing nights next season. More non Thursday meetings this year could be the promotion trying to understand the demand if they have to move away from Thursday.

I'd rather have no meeting on a Thursday than clash with the EL and lose half our riders. CL has done everything he can to avoid clashes, giving up the Bank Holidays must have been hard, but he put the team first.

Originally i was happy about restricting the doubling up riders, but if we come out of the EU, half of the Europeans wouldn't get a work permit, then we'd end up with about 4 riders per team.

I'd rather have no meeting on a Thursday than clash with the EL and lose half our riders. CL has done everything he can to avoid clashes, giving up the Bank Holidays must have been hard, but he put the team first.

Originally i was happy about restricting the doubling up riders, but if we come out of the EU, half of the Europeans wouldn't get a work permit, then we'd end up with about 4 riders per team.

Yes but perhaps we can blood some of our nl riders and build a base for the future. Granted some of the racing might be poo initially. But you have to start somewhere.