British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry V Wolves 1/4/2016

Sound like a broken record but for these guys it's points mean prizes related. If you or I were paid on performance I know I wouldn't be going out to make the numbers up.

I cannot understand the over the top negativity from some of the Bees fans.

I can appreciate paying your hard earned and watching your team lose is a hard pill to swallow but I think you have to look at the positive aspects.

And that is, did Coventry not learn a lesson from last year. As Havelock stated something along the lines of it doesn't

matter if you win the league by a country mile but it's September that counts.

Also when the Bees last won the title, they started off with a weak team with poor results and than brought in a couple of decent riders to win the league.

Obviously I understand that you have to finish in the playoffs but there is still plenty of time to bring in quality at the the first and second average changes and as we know there is a lot of quality out there (Kildemand, even Bjarne Pedersen would strengthen) so I think the Bees fans can relax for a while before getting to upset.

Relax, your in good hands with Havelock. :)

Edited by Joe Beevers
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone is going to get carried away, after one fixture. Just time to enjoy the result, it is a local derby after all.

They did last year, hence the comment ;)

Couldn't make last night and won't be going Monday. I think Horton could be in for a huge loss if things carry on like they are.

It all went wrong signing King and with all the points we had left we signed Woryna. Not the riders fault but we should have used the points better.

It all went wrong signing King and with all the points we had left we signed Woryna. Not the riders fault but we should have used the points better.

Knowing we could have had Wolverhamptons No 1 as our 3rd heat leader instead of King

• Like 2

Knowing we could have had Wolverhamptons No 1 as our 3rd heat leader instead of King

Exactly. They should have signed Joonas as our heatleader & then added King in May when heatleader list was no longer used. Still not sure how Buzz & King can both have same average and yet only one is on the heatleader list.

Also having Bates Garrity and Sargeant into the same team is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

Was King on the heat leader ist, IR did we just sign him as a heat leader?

Yes

• Like 1

6 more than normal then!

Really? Thought there would at least be a couple of hundred due to it being a local derby. It takes nearly three hours to get to Brandon from Poole but theres usually 30+ of us make the trip every time Poole are there, and many more for a crucial meeting.

Wolves don't travel well, there has never been many Wolves fans at Brandon. Not sure why as its only 30 miles away

I've kept off here so far this season to see if I was wrong about this team but after last nights dross and this mornings statement I can't believe Horton is surprised. If you put a side together with what amounts to four reserves what do you expect...??? Straight away you are relying on KK Bomber and King needing to get 30pts minimum between them each meeting to even have a sniff of a win. With all due respect they are not good enough to do that and only bomber has performed in each meeting. Does this start surprise most fans..??? I think not.

• Like 4

When you look at this team it is highly doubtful that they would compete well in the Premier League let alone the Elite - 3 Reserve Riders, 2 Heat Leaders who are inconsistent to put it mildly, plus Harris and a relatively untried, no wonder they are struggling.

Only Harris and Garrity and then only if he was at Reserve, should have been signed for 2016.

We need some flair in the side, riders who can gate and then compete in every race, not just now and again when the wind is in the right direction,

The comment from Joe Beevers above, is correct only the play-offs matter, so why then are we fans supporting what in effect are a series of challenge matches, should we not wait until the play-offs for some serious racing?

When you look at this team it is highly doubtful that they would compete well in the Premier League let alone the Elite

Coventry have already raced against a PL team, and beaten Glasgow at home.

Any EL team will beat a PL team as is standard.

• Like 1

there defo not challenges, vital points being lost , a good start is absolutely essential ....

not looking good with this squad...clearly garrity should of started at reserve,

you would then be able to sign another 6/7 pointer to back up top 3

and would still be able to sign woryna

the team could of been

1 kk

2 woryna

3 harris

4 king

5 6 pointer

6 garrity

7 sargeant/bates

if garrity moved up after 4 weeks , woryna would be reserve , ensuring coventry always had a strong reserve

Edited by heathen chemistry