British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Wolves - Swindon 4/4/16 Rained Off

Was at Bradford & it was off due to fog!

. Was that when it was foggy and they delayed the meeting and they then

decided to set off the fireworks

Whats the weather like up there Steve? I will be in attendance as always.

No doubt I will see you at either of the 2 meetings at Monmore then.

Apparently Jason Doyle had a go at Wolves management on Twitter for the late postponement of Mondays meeting.

Im not a big fan of either CVS or Adams,but to be fair to them I think Jason is out of order on this one.

It didn't really start raining until 5 o,clock,so it was probably an hour after that when the meeting was called off.Would think all of the riders would have been in transit at that time,not just Doyle.

• Like 1

Apparently Jason Doyle had a go at Wolves management on Twitter for the late postponement of Mondays meeting.

Im not a big fan of either CVS or Adams,but to be fair to them I think Jason is out of order on this one.

It didn't really start raining until 5 o,clock,so it was probably an hour after that when the meeting was called off.Would think all of the riders would have been in transit at that time,not just Doyle.

How to make a story out of nothing. His tweet was @WolvesSpeedway don't you have a I phone in the club? It showed rain last 2 days! 3 hours wasted!

How to make a story out of nothing. His tweet was @WolvesSpeedway don't you have a I phone in the club? It showed rain last 2 days! 3 hours wasted!

Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a recent phenomenon... Early call-offs due to weather forecasts, unless it's same day, with prolonged rain forecast from noon until midnight, a meeting should not be called off!!

Especially for showers!! When you see rain on a forecast map, not a nowcast map, it is just that, a forecast, except the placing of the rain on these forecast maps are educated guesses and NOT a guarantee. Wolverhampton were very unlucky on Monday, 10 miles west or 10 miles east and they would probably have been all right..

Meetings are called off far to easily now.. Never used to happen, fans don't turn up now for fear of a rain-off, even if the forecast is for "a chance of a shower"

Jason Doyle is wrong in this instance, the forecast was on a very difficult day, and not set in stone..

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 2

Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a recent phenomenon... Early call-offs due to weather forecasts, unless it's same day, with prolonged rain forecast from noon until midnight, a meeting should not be called off!!

Especially for showers!! When you see rain on a forecast map, not a nowcast map, it is just that, a forecast, except the placing of the rain on these forecast maps are educated guesses and NOT a guarantee. Wolverhampton were very unlucky on Monday, 10 miles west or 10 miles east and they would probably have been all right..

Meetings are called off far to easily now.. Never used to happen, fans don't turn up now for fear of a rain-off, even if the forecast is for "a chance of a shower"

Jason Doyle is wrong in this instance, the forecast was on a very difficult day, and not set in stone..

I work in the city centre less than 2 miles from the stadium. It rained at lunchtime, giving the ground good soaking, leaving standing water in the road. However, it did not rain again, and by 5.00 ish the water had dried out and even the sun had a made a few fleeting appearances. I went home, and I live less than a mile from the stadium. At that point I could see no reason why the meeting wouldn't go ahead. Sadly, the rain set in and that, as they say was that. There was no way that the meeting should have been called of any earlier than say 5:30. As Shale Searcher says, just unlucky.

• Like 1