British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Rye House V Ipswich Witches 9th April

Quite, but unfortunately he and Rye are stuck with it this season following new rulings:

18.6.2 The Assessed MA's for new Riders to the PL racing is:

Cat 1 8.00

Cat 2 7.00

Cat 3 5.00

Cat 4 3.00

18.6.2.1 No rider with an Assessed MA, other than the Category 4 rider, can drop below 5.00 at any time during the Season.

16.3.2 Riders with assessed MA’s (other than an assessed 3.00) cannot be removed from a PL Team re-declaration

Indeed, shame he's averaging 4 points less than that right now...

Karger didn't look at all happy on the track walk after the meeting, contrast to last week when he looked full of beans after his points helped to win the match against Somerset.

Karger will quit, all to do with some dodgy eligibility rules in Denmark, this is a marriage of convenience.

Edited by Lord Skid

I thought it was a good nights racing and the track is a big improvement on last year,,no blue groove ....Rye are solid at home at least, and pulling as a team

.Peter Shroeck looks an excellent team manager encouraging the riders,, even greeting them all as they leave the track after a race .There is a freshness about the place that has the feel good factor,,The one problem is Kargers average ,,which even given time i can not see him achieving ,.but we will have to live with it according to the rules in place.. He is obviously frustrated with his form but trying hard to put it right ,,lets hope he succeeds ..sooner rather than later ..

Edited by waco

Karger will quit, all to do with some dodgy eligibility rules in Denmark, this is a marriage of convenience.

At least he's putting the effort in. He fell attempting to go round Danny King in heat 11. Just doesn't look comfortable on the bike

Forgot to say well done to Rye after having a whinge about our efforts!

Good solid home win and a confidence booster to open your PL campaign with a victory.

At least he's putting the effort in. He fell attempting to go round Danny King in heat 11. Just doesn't look comfortable on the bike

Wasn't he actually trying to take sarj for the lead as both King and robbo were at the back. Karger does look a bit tall for a speedway rider though. Edited by baldyman

Wasn't he actually trying to take sarj for the lead as both King and robbo were at the back. Karger does look a bit tall for a speedway rider though.

Probably mate, but even trying to pass anyone shows some effort.

I would say he was putting plenty of effort in.

We've had a few that have put in less than 100% over recent years. All I want to see is riders giving it their best efforts. If they're not good enough, well, that's up to the manager & promoters to sort out.

• Like 1

I'm the same. I think Ritchings is okay by the efforts he is putting into his racing.

Like it or not we've got to accept a 3 pointer at number 7. There aren't enough really good ones to go round, but you're not gonna know unless you give them a chance.

It's pretty clear to see that Karger is going to get nowhere near a 5.00 point average, his Danish scores and from what I've seen of him already suggest he's gonna struggle to attain 3.00, but at least he's trying.

What really hacks me off is seeing one of your riders putting less than maximum effort in, then seeing them pile up the points for another team

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

Like it or not we've got to accept a 3 pointer at number 7. There aren't enough really good ones to go round, but you're not gonna know unless you give them a chance.

It's pretty clear to see that Karger is going to get nowhere near a 5.00 point average, his Danish scores and from what I've seen of him already suggest he's gonna struggle to attain 3.00, but at least he's trying.

What really hacks me off is seeing one of your riders putting less than maximum effort in, then seeing them pile up the points for another team

Couldn't of put it better Shads, as long as they turn and put effort in and show willing people can forget low scores sometimes.

We were totally out classed last night Nico apart thank god he was there or this would have been a cricket score.

Can't complain with the effort Richings and Paco put it last night .

Nice to see Robert Mear doing about 12 laps trying to sort out his bike problems,who knows can he double up?!!

If Karger was to quit, Rye House have room for a 6 point rider. By my calculations Rob Mear would be 5.18.