British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Comet Dan

Redcar Bears V Workington Comets 14/4/16 7:30pm Lc

Can't see a thread here for this one so I'll provide as much info as I have. Jonas Andersen is out for the Bears and Mason Campton is out for us so it'll be R/R at 4 for both sides. Rasmus Jensen makes his Comets debut

Line ups

Redcar - Bjerre, Bukhave, Skidmore, Andersen, Bellego, Nielsen, Payne

Workington - Wells, Jensen, Hansen, Campton, Vissing, Roynon, Williamson

Line ups now edited for the 14th when both Andersen and Campton should be available.

Edited by Comet Dan

comets to hit 65 ?

Are you trying to outscore Panthers then , I suppose there must be a good chance with Andersen missing . I can certainly understand Redcar Bears fans being frustrated with there team this season again. A few of them wanted B.Havelock to ditch Nielsen before the season started in favour of higher averaged rider when in fact he's been one of there better performers so far . Good luck with your 65 never have a better chance unless Redcar's underperforming riders wake and smell the coffee

Can't see a thread here for this one so I'll provide as much info as I have. Jonas Andersen is out for the Bears and Mason Campton is out for us so it'll be R/R at 4 for both sides. Rasmus Jensen makes his Comets debut

Line ups

Redcar - Bjerre, Bukhave, Skidmore, R/R Andersen, Bellego, Nielsen, Payne

Workington - Wells, Jensen, Hansen, R/R Campton, Vissing, Roynon, Williamson

suprised both teams are using R/R at 4?

Are you trying to outscore Panthers then , I suppose there must be a good chance with Andersen missing . I can certainly understand Redcar Bears fans being frustrated with there team this season again. A few of them wanted B.Havelock to ditch Nielsen before the season started in favour of higher averaged rider when in fact he's been one of there better performers so far . Good luck with your 65 never have a better chance unless Redcar's underperforming riders wake and smell the coffee

And still do. No dis-respect to Simon Nielsen, but Jonas Anderson is a better prospect. If the full entitlement of the points available is used. But the clueless Promotion bring in a Dane that no one has heard of. Another in the Konopka mould. Bukhave is at the vey best a 3.5 rider. The team assembled this year is even worse than the 2010 starting line up.

Edited by simmo1958
  • Like 1

And still do. No dis-respect to Simon Nielsen, but Jonas Anderson is a better prospect. If the full entitlement of the points available is used. But the clueless Promotion bring in a Dane that no one has heard of. Another in the Konopka mould. Bukhave is at the vey best a 3.5 rider. The team assembled this year is even worse than the 2010 starting line up.

Yes see your point , perhaps B.Havelock built this team with economics in mind but its only economical while enough fans turn up. everybody wants to see a competitive team that puts on a good show win or lose , but when supporters can see that there team is weak and not going to challenge for anything is when supporters start dwindling away .B Havelock needs to address that before it's too late . It will be no good moaning about low attendance when the fate is in his own hands.

Anyone keep that number for 'Dial a monsoon'? ;)

there is a good chance you will get monsoon . wet stuff around the corner .

Wet stuff around the corner? I can't remember the last time we had a day of dry weather in this neck of the woods!

or anywhere else in the country ....

Taken from the BSPA website:

"The Comets will have late winter signing Rasmus Jensen making his debut, but rider-replacement will be in operation for the injured Rasmus Jensen."

Oops! Easy mistake to make as Rasmus Jensen sounds mighty close to Mason Campton. Same number of syllables.

Good luck to Rasmus for the season. Was impressed when he was a Rebel last year. Hope he forgets his way around the OTA on 6th May.

Weather update: Constant light rain from very early this morning, should be ok unless heavy rain from now or during the meeting.

Brian Havelock has stated in the local press that his only aim is to see speedway continue for years to come. He has put this years team together on a strict budget and it is showing. Skidmore, Bukhave and Payne are nowhere near up to standard so far. Skidmore seems to be lacking in power and confidence, Bukhave and Payne are National League level at best.

I know of some supporters who have given up already, refusing to give £16 @ week for what is provided. If Mr Havelock really wants to see speedway survive then he is going to have to seriously change this team as soon as possible or more fans will drift away. I remember Barrow being kicked out of the league because they were so under strength some years back, the same fate may await Redcar before long.

Massive transfer fees received from Summers and Kus transfers recently, so where has all that money gone ????????

went into copper,flux and a new plumbers van ....

it wasnt that when he rode ,asking for points and start money. (full circle)

although the stmp is a nice wee venue . we haven't been over for a couple of years now .

Edited by jenga