British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
daveallan81

1979 Track Review Quiz

C'mon Dave. Time for the answer please to the track simply described as 'Ha Ha'.

If it's not Station Road, because of my sunken wall analogy, it would be Derwent Park due to the views of the Lake District hills in the background (think we have almost guessed every track now).

Actually I thought I'd revealed all, obviously not. Mildenhall were the recipients of that in-depth review, a far cry from their top status of 1979. Two tempestous visits to Blantyre in 81 and 82 probably had something to do with it...

Mildenhall, really? Would not have guessed that - well, it would have been guess no. 19 probably. And all down to the Fen Tigers visits to Blantyre in the early '80's.

Thanks for the questions. Good fun and brings back memories.

Edited by macca56

macca56, on 30 Apr 2016 - 5:30 PM, said:

Mildenhall, really? Would not have guessed that - well, it would have been guess no. 19 probably. And all down to the Fen Tigers visits to Blantyre in the early '80's.

Thanks for the questions. Good fun and brings back memories.

I was reminded earlier that Tigers had a fun afternoon in the sun and dust at Mildenhall in 1989 that rekindled all the old rivalry which began at Blantyre. Fen Tigers didn't come to the tapes in 1990 which may further explain the 'ha-ha' comment.

• Like 1

I was reminded earlier that Tigers had a fun afternoon in the sun and dust at Mildenhall in 1989 that rekindled all the old rivalry which began at Blantyre. Fen Tigers didn't come to the tapes in 1990 which may further explain the 'ha-ha' comment.

Ah, yes, of course. Thanks for the reminder Dave.