British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Sheffield Vs Ipswich Plc 21/04/2016

Well thought that someone would have started a thread for this match by now seeing its only 1 day away .

A match the Witches must not lose if they want to progress any further in the League Cup , a win for Sheffield and they win the group and the place in the League Cup Semi-finals .

Can't really see the Witches gaining any points from this meeting with them needing at the very least a draw but don't think that will happen .

Sheffield by 8-10

• Like 1

Im gonna go for shock Witches 2 point win!!

How will Paco go on his return to Owlerton - or whatever its called these days?

Can only see this being a home win by a bit of a margin, but if Danny and Sarj stick a good Heat 1 in .... but, then we have Heat 2..

Sheffield fans seem quite quiet on here at the start of the season. I guess they just knew that they had put a decent 1 - 7 together and are quietly confident of a good year ahead, injuries permitting. Stating the blinking obvious probably, but Howarth could be the link the Yorkshire Tigers needed to win something this season.

Huge home win unless our top 5 are on fire coz we won't get many points from our reserves, sadly.

Dude you need to cut back on that medication😉

well i am off work today having been violently sick overnight - perhaps its got to my brain!!
  • Like 1

Huge home win unless our top 5 are on fire coz we won't get many points from our reserves, sadly.

It's not exactly been one of Mortens finest tracks either

To get my brain addled 46 points we would need something along the lines of

Danny 12

Nico 10

Lewi 6

Morten 6

Sarj 5

Paco 5

Daryl 2

Each of these scores perhaps represent the best you could expect from each individual so not impossible but very rare to have all 7 on song on the same night - particularly away from home.

I think for Ipswich to get anywhere near to beating Sheffield, they would need a massive contribution from their reserve pair.

Somehow I don't think this is going to happen..

• Like 1

I hope paco does well in this.

I actually quite like the lad.

I know - I just like a hard luck story and his interview moved me!

But I think there's a rider there!

If King & Sarjeant ride like they did tonight for Coventry then Sheffield should have no problem winning

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1