British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Bspa Need To Call An Extraordinary Meeting, Make Changes Now!

tells us all you need to know about you Starman when you like a post from the demented freak that is Morrisseyfan. Not a brain cell between you...brilliant

But he's right, look at us... ;)

Edited by Starman2006

They changed because their new formula was sending the public to sleep and the commentators were nearly put in a coma.

F1 should patent itself as a cure for insomnia

For the past two seasons a lot of fans were criticising the EL for keeping reserves at reserve all season. Now fans are criticising the EL for moving reserves up and down.

Any second string / heat leader moving to reserve in the next month who dominates scoring from that position will move up again, any reserve moving up to the heat leader slot may struggle and move down.

Swings and roundabouts. Just deal with the situation.

The problem is not riders moving up and down through the team - that went on for decades, highly successfully. The objection is that the the 'protected heat' formula has been kept. This formula distorts averages hugely and has already led to reserves starting the season protected completely from racing heat leaders finding themselves racing against them all the time. The format and allowing movement through the team are completely in conflict! Why 'protect' FTRs from heat leaders one moment then make them ride against them all the time just because they've been consistently beating fellow FTRs?

I'm baffled that so many can't see this! Do they actually understand what's going on or does it not suit their agenda to understand?

Edited by rmc

The problem is not riders moving up and down through the team - that went on for decades, highly successfully. The objection is that the the 'protected heat' formula has been kept. This formula distorts averages hugely and has already led to reserves starting the season protected completely from racing heat leaders finding themselves racing against them all the time. The format and allowing movement through the team are completely in conflict! Why 'protect' FTRs from heat leaders one moment then make them ride against them all the time just because they've been consistently beating fellow FTRs?

I'm baffled that so many can't see this! Do they actually understand what's going on or does it not suit their agenda to understand?

You are spot on with this, should have reverted to the previous heat formula, once it was decided to allow promotion and relegation of rider positions based on how many points they score.... Absolutely straight away it should have changed back, no ifs or buts....

Completely and utterly self conflicting now..

• Like 1

You are spot on with this, should have reverted to the previous heat formula, once it was decided to allow promotion and relegation of rider positions based on how many points they score.... Absolutely straight away it should have changed back, no ifs or buts....

Completely and utterly self conflicting now..

Thank you. Glad somebody gets the point.

Year on year the promoters f*ck it up at the AGM ....

IF what roscoe said is true and the promotion of the draft riders into the 1-5 was a last minute thing then, surely it was done after the draft riders were picked, meaning some teams ie coventry would of picked different draft riders if they knew they could go up into 1-5 , garrity not of been in 1-5 from the start...

another cock up ...

Year on year the promoters f*ck it up at the AGM ....

IF what roscoe said is true and the promotion of the draft riders into the 1-5 was a last minute thing then, surely it was done after the draft riders were picked, meaning some teams ie coventry would of picked different draft riders if they knew they could go up into 1-5 , garrity not of been in 1-5 from the start...

another cock up ...

Garrity didn't want to be a draft rider so it's irrelevant.

I'm sure Cov tried to convince him to stay there but why should he if he feels he is ready to move up?

Cov were unlucky because they had little option once they protected Sarj and it's unfair to lay the blame at Garrity's door for Cov's team building.

Off all the fast trackers I admire Garrity the most for moving up.

I'm sure Cov tried to convince him to stay there but why should he if he feels he is ready to move up?

Cov were unlucky because they had little option once they protected Sarj and it's unfair to lay the blame at Garrity's door for Cov's team building.

Yes, but when that was an issue, the draft riders were draft riders for the season, had the rule that allowed them to move into the top 5 had already been in place, I think he would have been ok with starting at 6...

Great way to start a season, 4 matches to get ya bikes and head in the right place, then off into the top 5.. Perfick...!!

my point was when he decided he wanted to move up the rules were not set in place that a draft could be elevated into top 5 ,

he thought like all of us that if your a draft rider your there all season long, maybe he would of started as a reserve then moved up if the rules were decided earlier

were the draft riders already decided then the rules were changed for them to be able to go 1-5 if so then that aint right

Yes, but when that was an issue, the draft riders were draft riders for the season, had the rule that allowed them to move into the top 5 had already been in place, I think he would have been ok with starting at 6...

Great way to start a season, 4 matches to get ya bikes and head in the right place, then off into the top 5.. Perfick...!!

precisely my point, garrity decided before the rules were changed that he wanted to go 1-5 , but the rules that were in place when he decided were that a draft rider was a reserve all season

the draft riders were then picked , garrity not one of them for reasons above , then the rules were changed to allow a reserve to go 1-5

• Like 1

my point was when he decided he wanted to move up the rules were not set in place that a draft could be elevated into top 5 ,

he thought like all of us that if your a draft rider your there all season long, maybe he would of started as a reserve then moved up if the rules were decided earlier

were the draft riders already decided then the rules were changed for them to be able to go 1-5 if so then that aint right

I think you are still missing the point.

Garrity said he didn't want to do another season as a EDR and wanted to test himself in the 1-5.

Of course he would get that chance this season if he started as an EDR.

However here lies the crucial part to me and i think he probably wanted a proper starting wage not an EDR one.

And I think he is right. Why should he be paid a lower wage for doing something he feels he is already capable of?

Unless Cov offered to pay him a proper wage and start in reserve then there might be some merit.

Do we really think the EDR riders suddenly get paid more even when riding as heat leaders??