British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Stoke V Brummies Nt Sat 23 April

STOKE: Ben Wilson, Shaun Tedham, Tony Atkin, Danny Phillips, Chris Widman, TBC, Ryan MacDonald.

BIRMINGHAM: Zach Wajtknecht, Danyon Hume, Tom Bacon, Luke Priest, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn.

TBC? Have Stoke lost faith with Millar already? I know he was my tip to be dropped first but didn't expect it that quickly!

I saw him at KL last week and he did not look ready for NL racing. Would be better for him to get more MDL experience then have another go.

Would agree with that. He was way off the pace at Birmingham too, and with respect, didn't look ready for National League racing just yet - and must be expensive to bring down from Scotland as well.

I wish the lad all the best for the future though.

• Like 1

Does anyone know much about the two lads riding at reserve for Stoke tonight, Joe Lawlor and Kevin Whelan.

Lawlor was in speedway star last week. Whelan , no idea.They were both slow to start with but, were getting better the more rides they got.Still a long way to go.

Whelan, , has some link to Edinburgh. :lol:

Edited by pete cc

Yet again I was so impressed with JPB, such beautiful throttle control on tricky track conditions. The lad looks like he has a massive future.

Stoke, handing out team places to complete unknowns who live hundreds of miles away , and are instant failures

Oh dear....

well there's a shocker

....wait for it....

maybe it's time for Emerson Jones to come out of retirement .

....looks like he's beat you to it. He's listed as Birmingham's No8 this year.

Lets just say that Stoke do have problems at 6 & 7.

Fair comment, but Stoke are not alone in that respect. Eastbourne could also be said to have the same difficulties at present. To label riders who find themselves in that situation 'instant failures' is just not on.

Edited by Leicester Hunter
  • Like 3

Stoke, handing out team places to complete unknowns who live hundreds of miles away , and are instant failures ,well theres a shocker , maybe it's time for Emerson Jones to come out of retirement .

Wasn't he announced as Birminghams no. 8. ??!

http://www.birminghambrummies.co/news.php?extend.2227

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

It was said at the pre season fans forum Emerson was not at press & practice because he sustained an injury riding grass track no other details given

Thanks for the update

All seems very quiet from Stoke regarding the reserve situation? Was Millar dropped & MacDonald refusing to ride in support? Have they both been given the boot? Doesn't sound like the two brought in were the answer either (although everyone will struggle against Brum). Alarm bells must be ringing in the Potteries.